Why do you guys check your dating apps while seeing someone?

When you guys are dating, why do you keep login in to your dating apps, and has the "Online Now" status ever caused problems with the person you are seeing, dating, exclusive with?

2mo I like how everyone answered by pointing fingers at the other gender. We really get places with these type of responses.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, never done it. The person I'm with deserves my solely attention and respect. Of not why even Britney with being in a relationship.

Sorry for the typos lol

No worries. Haha. I don't get bent out of shape over those things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are looking for other options.

What Guys Said 22

• I admit I was bad for doing that.
    My answer, I may feel sexual chemistry with the person but I dont feel they are "the one" . i just want to screw their brains out and have them join my bouquet of pussy that's it that's all. But I also do not lie about my intentions or what I want from you and who knows something could happen down the road and I could make you my #1 but it takes more than one or two dates to figure that out.
    But that's just me I can't answer for every guy because most guys are not like me.

• Well both genders do that... come on now =P

Otherwise how would you have known he was online :)

To check up on each other?
      To keep options open?

One of my male said he likes the Online option as it lets him know if he is wasting when he sends a message. He, however, didn't care to know if they were still Online after a date for the reasons you stated above. It's all fair game until exclusivity happens.
      My female friends, all of them, said that they check their date's status right after a date and after they they sleep together and so on. After a first date, they feel that if the man doesn't log back in, it meant that he did have a great time with them. If they do log in, then they feel that the guy was not into them and they feel played, fooled, etc. After sleeping together they have found that the guy logs in that very day after leaving their home, This crushes them. They feel that they are not enough to keep this man off the dating site. The crazy stuff always follows soon after. The clinginess. The attachment. The "what are we" talk.

"They feel that they are not enough to keep this man off the dating site."

I'll come right out and say that's beyond absurd. If a girl feels that a man not should check his other messages after one date, her standards/ego are ridiculously high and definitely not conducive of a "normal" person.

Also I don't understand why they feel fooled or played after one date. A first date is meant to discover the other person and see if they are compatible with you. If a girl feels played or fooled after one date, I would feel as if she was expecting me to become her property or something lol.

The sleeping thing makes a bit more sense to me, all though with today's hook up culture, that is also edging towards somewhat possessive.

Now if a girl has gone on 10 dates and her potential suitor is still online dating... well that's when I would say it's time to move on (i. e. he isn't taking her serious).

Interestingly I've noticed this sort of behaviour is common among girls 27-28 and older

• Because they foresee the relationship failing somewhere down the line.

• Chuckle, you know guys who do that? So obvious, what a funny story. Sounds like a movie take.

This is not about you. This is a general question. A question is meant to generate a respose from experience, given the theme of the site.

I know people check their phones constantly, even on dates, but this is the first I've heard about guys checking their dating apps right in front of their date!

• Nah ill ignore that. She can do what she wants

• This only reveals lack of strategical, seductive, charming, behavior, and a Person`s behavior reveals how he/she really is. It only reveal these kind of guys are pretty inmature. A guy dating a girl should make her feel she the most interesting girl that has walked on this planet.. and cheking your phone constantly will cause the opposite effect. And will eventually get this guy nowhere.. Guys, don`t behave like this while in front of a girl you are dating. Girls, if you notice this... Run! yeah, like "run Forrest!"" and never date out with guys!.. Hope to have been a bit helpful. (Yes, I`m learning english)

• Because he's not entirely committed to you. Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• i dont do dating apps but if i did unless where getting married ill also be seeing other women. especially at my age.

• There might be something better out there.
    If we're not exclusive, why not?

• Why not? Women do WHILE OUT WITH A MAN, men might as well. Who knows, maybe there's someone better that's sent a message or replied to him.

• I generally don't. However, until it's been agreed upon that you're monogamous/exclusive there's nothing wrong with it. If that HAS been agreed upon, then it shouldn't be happening.

• not seeing someone

• If they're on their cell phone around you, then they're obviously bored. Either you're putting them to sleep or your making them wait on you...

• I dont use dating apps, but if i did, i wouldn't check them if i was seeing someone, id focus my attention on her until she proves to me its not worth it

• its for checking the new better girls :p
    but let me tell u girls are social media crazy they see a guy and check even his facebook feed from 2008 :p

• I don't, probably leave if she was doing it sooo

• Just to see if there is someone better. Not many men actually want to chat about what their friends are wearing, their latest hairdo or even their deeper emotions, they prefer to look for a woman who is interested in cars or football and likes a good laugh and a beer.

• Women do it all the time. GTFO lol

• Unless it's serious, why not?

• why would you know if you are not checking yourself?

• Women do it more. And the reason is to check messages and look at eye candy duh...

• Girls do the same shit too

Okay, what is *your* reason.

People keep their options open, aren't satisfied with the current person they're seeing, etc.

Thank you.

What Girls Said 0