People with high standards, how did you find the one?

My friends always say that my standards are too high and unrealistic. But, I'm sure I will find him and he exists. There are 7 billion people on this earth!!! lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be completely honest, I used to have very high standards when it came to dating. Then someone came along who was nothing like anything I thought I wanted, and yet I was absolutely taken. Tastes develop, people change. There's at least one fish in the sea for everyone.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, there's 3.5 billion guys out there, there's also 3.5 other women competing with you and unless you go about meeting 20.000 new guys per day you're really not going to notice how big of a place the world is.

If your standards are something like "at least 6'2", sixpack, square jaw, master's degree, income of >$100.000, confident when we first meet, my kind of humor, 'just knows me', nice family, well-traveled, etc..." while you yourself are not a highly educated, entrepreneur and supermodel then it's just not gonna happen...

I will give you a tip though: the more you have to offer, the more likely someone who fits your high standards will be interested in you.

• if all of your friends say this. maybe they ara correct? lower your standarts if its possible. jk if its high you will lower it anyways.

• What are your standards?

What Girls Said 6

• No such thing as finding 'the one'. No soulmate business. You just keep doing what you have to do in life and not worry about it. Somebody is bound to cross paths with you one day, and when you talk to each other and possibly lead to a date, you have a choice of saying either yes or no. You lay out your terms, your belief's, religion or faith, standards, etc out for him. If he doesn't agree, then he isn't for you. If he does, only time will tell. Stop trying to wait with everything other than sex, and pick somebody who fits the bill, wants to build a future with you, have a family and move on. Keep searching until somebody say yes, and you get married.

Sorry, It was just a romanticized way of saying "significant other". I don't believe in fate or soul mates either.

• I haven't found "the one" yet but I've encountered someone who matched at least my physical standards and intellectual standards so far and that's apparently pretty hard. The attraction was mutual too & he was very intelligent but I didn't date him because he had too much baggage.

• I twerked at him and he twerked right back at me. That's how I knew 😂😂😂 But I don't know I guess luck

• You know your value and worth as a woman.. The man who truly loves u and wants to be in your life will rise up to meet those standards.

• lower down your standard
    and... pufff... he's there in front of you

• Still waiting for mine.