Would you break up with someone if you still love them? breaking up to make him stop taking you for granted?

Most Helpful Guy

• breaking up isn't going to teach someone to stop taking you for granted. It's going to teach them that this is a game of manipulation. When you don't get your way you try to emotionally black mail people, so he's just going to game you harder in the future because you're just a player yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES!! My ex totally took the piss, we agreed early on i would maintain all the house stuff, garden & childcare, he had his own business. He was to contribute equally to bills and give me some pin money.
    First his business wasn't doing to well so I was doing everything and paying all the bills, as well as cook clean, wash (personal slave) in trying to support him through the rough patch - funny though his business partners were driving top cars, going on holidays, etc. Then after I told him we couldn't manage like that anymore - he suggested it was my fault so I got a full time job, after 3 months I was run wragged still paying all the bills and maintaining the home he basically treated it like a hotel and me his mother. After months of trying to talk about equal housework and bills to en able me to carry on working full time -
    I ended it as it was no different to being a single mum in fact being a single mum is much easier and financially viable for me, as there was no 24 stone deadbeat hanging off me.
    He went around telling people I used to kick him out in the middle of the night for no reason! Not that he was supposed to be working 7 days a week without a penny to contribute whilst I was feeding him and paying his bills! I couldn't even afford a haircut or shoes for my son! Our fridge broke but to him it was my house my problem despite the fact we'd been living together at mine for 2 years!
    He was we even Ringing me up expecting Sunday dinner 2 months into his new relationship despite me quite blatantly telling him to feck off everytime.

And the came up with the idea we could move into his house and pay half the bills - please note it was 5 bedrooms significantly more expensive to run than mine and obviously a hell of a lot more cleaning & that he had a gambling problem to me by then it was all just blah blah blah.
    What is funny he moved the new 1 in asap because he cannot afford to run the house mainly due to gambling and money he Owes to various loansharks!

I loved him (god only knows only knows why), Im an attractive woman who can look after myself, i tried to support him through good and bad but after 3 Years of never getting that support back or being appreciated and being ground by constant worry about bills, food etc I realised it's no way to live or a life a partner should enhance your life not make it consistently worse and blame you for it or come up with excuse after excuse!

Get out and lose the loser!

What Guys Said 5

• Or it'll backfire and they'll move on. Leaving someone isn't a weapon. It should only be done if you're willing to walk away and unwilling to look back.

• If a girl took me for granted then ofcourse I would breakup... Anyone would breakup in this situation...

• Yeah I would. If it hurts, and seems to be a dead end, it's the best

• Love isn't enough. Sometimes you just have to do what is best for you.

• if you love something, set it free, right?

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, you have to do what's best for you. Just because you love them doesn't mean they reciprocate those feelings

• Yes, this is very possible. People break up with their significant others and even reject those whom they are interested in for various reasons if they believe if it is for the best.

• yes, I would break up to make them realize what they're doing wrong, but I would hope to get back together with them if I loved them

• "Stops taking you for granted" hmm that reminds me of something..

Anyways yes it's possible.

• I would break up with someone if I feel like it isn't going anywhere, which is almost the same. If it doesn't feel right anymore, it's better to leave.

• Not because they took me for granted, but because I wanted to maintain my feelings. Foolish.

• It would hurt, but if I felt it needed to be done then yes.

• Yes, if the situation is not promising... eventhough i've try to fix it... i would leave

• I did. I loved my ex very much but he would constantly see other girls cheat on me. He still loved me very much I could tell but that just how he was he's a born cheater.
    He took me granted never appreciated me.
    So I left and he's been calling me every day non stop now. He says he will work on things, he loves me very much that he can't just let me go like that, all bullshit.
    It will probably work if he really loves you, but even he trying to get back with you, please don't take him back.
    He doesn't appreciate you now means most likely he will never.

• Yes, I did that recently. He didn't value me missing him or appreciate how much I loved him at all. It hurt more staying more than leaving, but I still love him just the same as ever before

• i won't... i will try and try to talk to that person and explain it to him... for the sake of love... why would u love someone if u not willing to fixed what need to be fixed... im in this current situation where my boyfriend seems to be very rude and inconsiderate and jealous and hurt my feelings but i try to look beyond that maybe he's having problem and under pressure.. and i will talk to him 1st..