Why are girls so jealous?

I approached a girl yesterday basically saying that i like her, she walked away with a smile on her face.
I did not chase, but a girl was flirting with me today , like literally that girl fell on me accidentaly.
The girl i approached yesterday was watching that girl like a hawk as if she was going to eat her. Lol.
The girl i approached did not look at me once, but was continiously looking at that girl who fell on me , why is that?
I mean why she was only looking at her? and not at me at all?
Why are women so jealous?

• She sees you as a high value guy and she likes you a lot and she is afraid that you might start getting attracted to this girl.
  • Dude! women can smell if some other women tries to flirt with their man and it drives them nuts if she is serious about that guy.
  • Others (pls comment)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the tendency to not care at all, if I see my partner flirting with another girl I'll just leave him calmly because I'm not in the mood for drama or petty arguments... I've been labeled uncaring in relationships, I get tired with who competes with who and how to make your boyfriend/girlfriend jealous to see if they care.. honest to god things keep getting pathetic

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Because I've been cheated a lot so I have to question my self worth every time he talks to a woman.

Insecurity bro

So its her insecurities, so nothing i can do about it.
      So can i conclude that she was cheated by guys in her previous relationships?

Maybe, maybe not. You don't have to be cheated to be insecure

• How do you know she was jealous?

The look on her face told everything, she was looking at that girl so angrily
      Obviously she was insanely jealous

I just want to know why women feel threatend or jealous,
      Thats my question?

Women are generally competitive and catty

• Lol neither of those options, she doesn't seem that interested because she didn't say anything back when you told her you liked her. Some girls (stupid ones) just get jealous when a guy who likes them gets hit on by another girl even if she never liked him in the first place. She wants to be desired even if she won't date you so she'd probably feel annoyed if another girl took you

i wish i knew this when i was a young teen
      learned it later on in life

@relaxrelax What if she does these things for a guy
      - trying to look good by wearing different dresses.
      - making eye contact with him by going out of her way
      - trying to prove herself to him.
      Would a girl does all this for a guy she has no interest?

@Anonymous
      What if she does these things for a guy
      - trying to prove herself to him.
      - Playing with her hair and playing with her earring, these are sub concious things a woman does when she is highly attracted to a guy.

What Guys Said 2

• They are afraid of losing the D'

• Other

The nature of women has always been known