Why do you think its always the guy who needs to ask the girl out?

You girls know that many guys are shy and won't ask you out because they dont want go get turned down.

Most Helpful Girl

• The girls who ask guys out are usually the ones who never or rarely get asked out themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• you know man we are confident, we dont sit around waiting, fidgeting until a person asks us out, we take the initiative.

many girls that are not too popular with the boys for whatever reason will need to do this too.

What Girls Said 8

• You also should know that it's the same problem "that many girls are shy and won't ask you out because they don't want to get turned down."
    But logically speaking, no party should expect that one gender should ALWAYS and only ALWAYS ask out other, just simply who has more guts that one asks out (if no one has courage in their pants then... well, no date for both). I don't really expect to be always asked out by a man, actually I have asked a guy out once, but I only needed to mention something about a meet up and it literally escalated quickly, I was lucky that I wasn't turned down.

• I don't. I don't have the patience, when you really like someone, you can't possibly risk losing time and the possibility that might be there. Besides, there's never anything to lose, you just move on and find someone better :)

Yes but in school its just awkward what if she tells her frined and you look like a looser until you graduate

You won't look like a loser. If someone rejects you, clearly they weren't worth your time. Chin up, so what, there are over 7 billion people in the world. Your school is a tiny tiny place in relation. Try to get over yourself :) Also the important people won't ever think of you as a loser, they will know better than to think that!

• I don't think that

• I actually approach guys and i get rejected, i get embarassed sometimes. I say get over it, its apart of life

Yes but girls expect guys to do it and its harder for us to do it. I think girls have a much more chans to get a yes to answer then guys.

I was told by guys before that they would not date me because of my skin color, my point is things could be worse

I rather get rejected fot my skin color than of my look

• Well, I guess some girls are afraid, cuz they think they'll get judged.

But I'm not worried about that, but I don't ask guys out either. Cuz I want to see that he has a pair of balls and can ask. Why would I want a weak man?

• I dont but im a pussy so i flirt and wait for the guy because i have a fear of rejection. Ik its a part of life but I won't do it.

• Seems emasculating.

Plus I am not paying for the first date.

• I'd only ask a guy out if he gave me signs of interest. If not, then I wouldn't ask him

But how do you do that if you dont even have the chans to speak?

To my defence he is to damn cocky and rude some times and if you argue with him he won't either litsen of say something like shut up b*tch. I think he deserves that and more

i believe so too :)

What Guys Said 12

• Lets say we're dealing with women who are a 5+. These women are approached all the time by men offering this and that. The reality of it is, they don't need to make any moves... good or bad.. this is the hand they are dealt.

Does a guy "always" have to ask the girl out? No but just like anything in life, if you want something you're going to have to go get it or else someone else will.

Girls work on beauty, guys work on confidence.

• Well it does not have to be but its an expectation. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy if you wish. That said I do support both men and women taking the initiative of asking each other out since if no one does anything then nothing will happen.

Why it happened this way? Mostly cultural and religious reasons. For a long time women has had to rely on men to set them up for marriage and this is just an extension or continued evolution from that.

• Because the males of any species are the hunters, sex-wise. First come, first serve. While some girls are more assertive than others, girls want guys to come up to them. It shows interest. Girls are more mental in a sense of how they communicate and interact with others. While guys are more physical. So a lot is going through a girl's head when a guy is approaching them.

• Because girls can get away with not doing it, guys can't, unless they're really good-looking.

• bc they are afraid of rejection more than afraid love
    but the guy doesn't get hints so he moves on and she grows old alone and have 50 cats
    and eventualy dies
    the end

• I believe both guys and girls should do the asking

• Probably because they get lots of options and have their pick of the litter.

But yeah I don't think one gender should be expected to do all of the initiating. If you like someone, go for it.

• it's not always. but a smart man will do two things:

1/ learn to be an excellent lover
    2/ only chase til he gets them, then let them chase him.

• Well, that's the thing. I don't xD

• Yea! And sitting down wondering, "how come I've never votten laid?", is totally bettee

N*gga im shy i dont do that shit

Yea! That sounds like fun. Maybe I'll end up marrying your dad and you can then call me "daddy"

I will prepare my a hole for you 'daddy'' when you get here ;)

• I don't. My girlfriend asked me out, and that is fine.

• girls have asked me but its rare
    very very very rare