How long do you wait to contact someone after a date? How can you tell if he's not that into you?

You go on a date with a guy and both seemingly have a good time. If he doesn't contact you the next day does that mean he's not into you?

What is the waiting period to contact someone after a date? And if he doesn't contact you by the next day to check in- does that mean he doesn't like you?

i know there's no standard answer but some opinions and views would be good as I'm in this situation!

Most Helpful Guy

• no, he's waiting for the girl to contact, because its usually the girl who always decides to keep someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I heard that guys have this three day rule so wait for 3 days... Honestly I'm not so experienced in dating field but whoever I dated in the past, ALL of them texted me within 24hr after the first date.
    I personally think if a guy really likes you and you really hit it off he would text you within a day without giving a shit about three day rules or whatever rules out there.
    Maybe your guy is not sure, or maybe he really is following those rules. Give him some time for now.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I usually talk to the dude within an hour after the date. I send a text to either say thanks for the lift home, to tell him that I got home safely and also to let him know I had a good time (granted I actually did).

• A few days