Will he ever commit?

This guy and I have been on and off for about 7 months now, and there's been points that I feel like he's never gonna be more so last week I told him that I was tired of never knowing where he stands, and that I just didn't know anymore and he said "I mean I do like you, it's just I don't want a relationship right now." What should I do? Cause I do really really like him and I don't want to end it but I think it might be for the best.

2mo by the way he said "I love you" first

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that he's just in it for the fun. I dated a guy who said the same thing and it went on for a year and a half. He ended up breaking my heart because he still acted selfishly in the end. If he won't commit to you, move on. I know its hard but one of the best feelings in the world is letting go on someone who isn't good for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Well, I mean, what more evidence do you need? You guys were not compatible enough to stay together in a SOLID relationsihp over the course of 7 months. You were just on and off. That was the first red flag.

Secondly, he admitted he didn't want a relationship at the moment, which if that was the case, he should have been upfront and honest with you about that from the start. Instead, he was just comfortable with a loose relationship. So, since he admitted this to you, he has no plans of being committed. He likes you, but not enough to stay with you officially.

No one here can speak for him as to if he'll ever want to be with you. There's just no way we can determine that. There are so many things we don't want to do, like give up, but you can't make a relationship work if the other party won't help you do that. Let yourself free to be swept off your feet by a better guy. Otherwise, you won't ever progress if you're so hung up on him.

• He's been stringing you along for 7 months? Nah, end it. What a bloody waste of time, you could find better

• Whats the reasoning for being on and off for 7 months? If its only because you didn't like that he wouldn't move forward with you thats one thing but if its something else maybe there's a reason he's not committing if y'all haven't been stable for 7 months

Not the original asker, but what are other reasons a guy won't commit?

@askuser if he's afraid to commit, if they have been on/off for 7 months maybe he is wondering if thats how an actual relationship would be, maybe he just doesn't want to feel tied down

• The best prediction of future behavior is past behavior. Just liking someone isn't really the makings of a good relationship. You can't force him to commit and you shouldn't have to settle for something less than what you want

• Move on

• Has he told you any reason for why he doesn't want a relationship right now?

No, I haven't asked.

Does he have any stress going on in his life or did he have any past relationships that ended badly?