Who do you think generally has higher standards in the looks department, girls or guys?

• I think that guys have have higher standards when it comes to looks
  • I think that girls have higher standards when it comes to looks
  • I think that their standards for looks are about equal
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls. Many of men's requirements for women aren't fixed and they can change if they actual put in the effort. For example men tend to have deal breaker on weight which women can actively change and women are more than capable of improving their face with makeup.

Yet, many of female requirement for male attractiveness, you are either born with it or not. Example - Height, broad shoulder. Even their criteria for a good looking face is very narrowed down and linked to you being born with a particular bone structure.

Also very rarely do men tell women to go away before they have a chance to even let out a word but often many women will tell a man to go away before he even gets out 1 word.

https://youtu.be/DmP1ier3R30

Most Helpful Girl

• Biologically, I would say men. Women are biologically programmed to want the man who can provide for her (and their future children). So, she may look for a man who in some way dominates others in his gender (height, strength, money, success, etc).
    Men are more biologically programmed to want someone who will be the most fertile and bear their children. Those signs of fertility also consequently measure up to modern day attractiveness factors (hourglass figure, healthy hair, skin, etc.).
    Based on this evaluation, I would say that men are more driven by looks. However, in all honestly, attraction is an important part of any relationship. So men and women are both going to be looking for someone that is attractive to them personally.
    I also think it's interesting that both men and women voted for the opposite gender caring more about looks/attractiveness. It points that as individuals we may be too hard on ourselves.

What Guys Said 11

• Generally speaking, I believe both genders can be equally vain when it comes to our looks and appearances. For the most part everyone likes to look good and feel good about themselves, we just need to be sure we're not taking it to the extremes and becoming shallow and self-centered along the way.

Like everything in life there needs to be moderation, a balance between worrying about how we look and being mindful to just be ourselves and not letting outside opinions and the media overly affect those views. When you do that those emotions tend to turn inward and you start having self-esteem and confidence issues.

We should all strive to like, perhaps even love who we are. Imagine what it must feel like to constantly be worrying about what other people think of you or having such a low opinion of yourself you never want to leave your home. That's no way to live.

Better to accept yourself for who you are and just enjoy life while you can, because we are never promised tomorrow, just this moment, the here and now, and if we don't take advantage of that, something beautiful could be missed or lost forever. That's my bottom line.

• Women have higher standards on looks for casual flings and one night stands.

Men have higher standards on looks for relationships.

Basically, the lower the level of commitment/investment the higher womens standards on looks will be and the lower the mans standards will be.

• High standards are needed, we need to select women who are healthy and strong to carry our child. No unhealthy behavior can be tolerated.

• do you mean what gender has the better looks? that answer would be girls. but if you mean, who goes by a persons looks to be interested, its both genders

• Girls many girls have to wear makeup to look pretty but dudes can look cute without it lol.

thats true guys can look hot just wearing jeans, boots and an open neck shirt but we have to wear heels, makeup, a choker, a corset, tights

@neilsmart It might just be society tho

• It depends on the person.
    Generally girls have high standards on men's lookes when they're looking for non serious short relationship, they don't care about it that much in serious relationship and marriage.
    Guys at least lots of them fuck anything with a vagina, but they have standards when it comes to marriage

In serious relationship, girls care about personal character and statues more, guys definitely don't want to find whiny ugly short Moms do their children

Status*guys definitely don't want to find whiny ugly short Moms do their children if they have choices

• Girls are way more fussy about how things look, for everybody and everything.

• Lol at the predictable results. Really it varies from person to person.

• women defenently. men have no srandards. well fuck anything that walks.

• For a hookup, girls, for a long relationship, guys.

• girls without a doubt. there's plenty of guys who will fuck anything. but virtually no girls like that.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on if it pertains to something like a one night stand or an actual life partner. I think that if it were a one night stand, guys definitely cab tend to just wanna fuck any passable girl who could fog a mirror. Girls can be picky in that sense. If we're talking a long term mate, women (who know better) dont expect a movie star when it comes to looks because its not as important as trusting him to care for her. Many men will have higher standards for a mate, especially men who like showing off what they have to others.

• I think it is about equal

• For a hookup it's about equal but for relationships it's definitely guys.

I think for hookups and fuckbuddy arrangments, women actually have higher standards on looks.
      However, I agree that men are pickier about looks for relationships.

For a hook up, I've seen guys fucking female cows and pigs XD I'm saying REAL animals. Obviously these horny creeps wouldn't marry them

• I think guys focus more on looks than girls do.

• They're about equal but men pretty much have no choice but settle with what they can get.

• One night stands mostly women. Sometimes women sleep with goblins. For relationships and marriage def. men. Women settle which is bad and i wish women would stop.

• guys have it easy because they can look hot wearing jeans, boots and an open neck shirt but we have to wear heels, makeup, a choker, a corset, tights

• Boys will literally fuck anything

In a healthy relationship, no way! Even in a bad relationship I wouldn't. I don't have low standards, those are just the principles I live by.
      If single, yes, you would be almost absolutely right. Although, I wouldn't sleep with my exs. The thought of it just makes me sick. I would have probably vomited all over them if they tried.. lol

• Guys do.

• Guys for sure. They all want a skinny with big boobs / butt long hair girl, must be short, etc...
    When they talk about their ideal type they talk about physic and for the rest they just want a submissive women.

• It really varies from person to person. I have friends of both sexes who sleep with people they weren't even attracted to and friends of both sexes with bizarrely precise preferences.