There's a Guy I like whose friend told me he liked me (last week) I brushed it off. And now he has a girlfriend. I messed up. Help please?

So yeah, this guy is always nice to me, funny and he is actually good looking. I am not good looking but have been lucky with talking to him that I appear a but funny. So one of his friends told me he liked me while he wwas there. I was like yea suuure. And she said he gets nervous around me. So I have always been nervous around him and I was thinking that they saw that and wanted to mess with me. But I do talk to that girl too and she seems fine. A guy tagged him in my post to add me on snapchat. And then I messed it up by acting kinda cool, like not showing interested and over the weekend he went out. Today I overheard him talking about a girl his friends were asking him about. I feel soooo upset right now. We've been flirting for 4 years. He showed a greater interest recently and because of my lack of response he found a girl. I am not going to tell him I like him now because I wouldn't do that as it was his decision in the first place to like the other girl. Should I just wait and see how that works out. I feel bad for hoping the relationship won't last but honestly I'm broken. I am too shy for my own good and I just need help with how to react to this. I've honestly never felt this way about anyone before. I'm 18 and so is he. We have 2 classes together and recently I've started to sit beside him in one of them. Just any advice at all is appreciated I just have no idea what to do. Even if you think it won't help please just express your opinion on this because I completely messed everything up and I guess I should just move on :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay as a guy I know exactly what's going on right now. He may have thought that you have no interest in him whatsoever, or he might have been asked out. I never want to hurt a girl's feelings, so if a girl does ask me out there is a great chance I might say yes. And here is the bad news... He might have found out something that he does not like, and decided he should move on (he might think that you are no the person he is looking for, etc.).

Most Helpful Girl

• He is most likely just dating her because you brushed him off. From experience guys do that to appear as though they moved on. Or that they didn't care THAT much about you. Their egos are so fragile.

just go up to him and be like hey wanna hang out. Dont say its a date. Just let him know you were aware of what happened and you are trying to make it right

What Guys Said 1

• Wait it out maybe but whatever you do don't home wreck. Just be a good friend and wait it out. All you can do.

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he liked her before. possible ur friend misinterpreted and he didn't like u.