I am 21, how come no guy has ever asked me out before?

How come I have never been asked out before? I cannot be picky with men if this has never happened to me. Am I just unlucky?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be any reason, but you asking the question anonymously and with very little information about yourself makes it hard to really give you an honest answer.

What Guys Said 9

• We are visual creatures. Wed now how you look. I'd suggest posting a pic tk give you an accurate opinion. Also smile more. Be inviting. Body language says a lot about a person.

• There are 2 important question you need to answer :

1. Are you pretty? Or at least decent looking?
    and
    2. Do you put yourself in situation that guy can approach you?

I mean strangers sometimes tell me I am beautiful/pretty unless they are lying just to make my day feel better. In what situations are men willing to approach girls?

Like if you look like you are busy doing something, they probably not gonna talk to you.

You need to make eye contact, smile at then, do something that would make a guy want to talk to you. Maybe even go up and ask him to help you with something, most guy love to help woman, especially attractive one.

• 1. Look decent and be decent
    2. Ask guys out
    3. Statistically speaking you will eventually get a date.

• "I cannot be picky with men"

Well that all ready screams that you dislike/distrust men which is in itself extremely unattractive. Perhaps you need to lighten up a little?

What I meant was that if a guy asked me out, I would not say no unless he was homeless or old.

The thing is that you have every right to be this way. We all have the right to choose who we do and don't let into our lives.

But it's not something you talk about. Right off the bat with the limited info you gave, you came across as bitter and judgmental. If you're like this over the internet, most of us could assume that you're somewhat like this in person, perhaps which is what's driving guys away. See what I mean?

Again I could be completely wrong, you could be the sweetest thing in person.

• Could be any number of reasons. Hard to say based on an anonymous question.

• because girls reject guys and most guys want the girl to approach and ask them out

Not really. Ideally not being the one to approach is preferable, but both genders do it.

@RedVulcan Haha past 18 they don't need to approach. My sister made a plenty of fish account and she got 124 messages in 6 hours

@10dsw... ya that's kinda bs. Online dating is way different from real life dating tho. Lol I bet half of those were bots.

• You should at least describe or personality, otherwise it's impossible to answer you.

Well, I am a shy girl.

Nah, I can't see that as a deal breaker. As a matter of fact, I personally prefer shy girls. Maybe it's something you involuntaryly do that push guys away. (Just guessing here) But if you are always surrounded by your female friends or maybe if you seem to be grumpy and in a bad mood all the time, it don't give the guys a good opening to go and talk to you.

• Are you really boring?

• love finds you when you least expect it, thats all i know

What Girls Said 3

• Do you live in a small town?

• Maybe you just need to smile so they know it's okay to talk to you :)

Where do men approach women because when I am out doing errands and stuff, they never approach.

• Ask them out first.