I think I'm dating a pedophile (I'm 15, he's 26)?

Three weeks ago I met this guy while I was out with my friends and I went to his place. Well, we had sex. He then sent me a friendship request on Facebook were he clearly saw my birthday. I just turned 15 and he's 26. I mean, I guess I look older than 15, but does that make it okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why exactly did you not tell him your age to begin with though?

I mean you had sex with him and THEN he found out you are underage.

Does that mean that whenever I meet a guy I have to say "Hi, I'm 15"?

This is horrible

@Asker For God sake just stop it right there...
      I'm not even going to start on your self-respect...

Most Helpful Girl

• You're both dumb.

What Guys Said 36

• You're under age legally, so if your parents every got hold of this bit of info, they could send him to jail. If you were 16, then you could maybe be older than the age of consent, but, even then, it's quite a bit unethical and taboo. Then again, nowadays, 15 year olds are really more mature than people give them credit for. I think the law is against ages younger than 18 or 16 and things like that because if the girl gets pregnant at that age, they are going to have a really hard time raising a child because of the way the work force is set up as well as how much less experience a younger person has with what is involved with raising children comfortable and stably.

But aside from all of that, the deed is done as it were. So if you are really concerned about it I would let him know that you didn't know (somehow) that he was way older than he was and that you aren't comfortable with this fact. So you want to stop having sexual relations with him. If you want to get the law involved, then that's on you, but it will get pretty messy once it goes that far.

• Then stop contacting him or drop ALL contact with him. Tell him that it's inappropriate and that it needs to stop now! It's for both you're own good and as well as his. "If" I were him, I would be OH SHIT I THINK I REALLY HAD FUCKED UP AND DID SOMETHING ILLEGAL, and I would have stopped all contact with you by now, get a lawyer for my own legal protection or something since I was dumb enough and didn't realize that you really aren't of the legal age of consent and that the whole ordeal was entirely my mistake and unintentional.

• That's a federal crime

• well isn't it on you for having sex with him? techincly he would be an ephebophile but the fact is you didn't have a problem with that when you whent back to his place and had sex with him so isn't that kind of a bit hypocritical? For the record both of you need help.

• This is a grand example of why young girls need a bit more of a kick in the ass... then again, troll.

• a guy meets a hot girl whos willing to have sex with him and she looks older than 18... did he fk up? yep, did you fk up? yeah even more than him , dont destroy the poor fellas life because of a lie, just stop contacting him and move on.

This days young girls want to look older and older women younger so to be honest I'm not surprised of the whole situation. Something like that probably happens more often than we think but not many people speak about it.

• you have shitty parents and I think your post here is about your ego-you're bragging. you're off to a very lousy start in relationships in life and what matters in them.

• I would just stop contact. if he didn't know your age before the sex I would just cut contact.

Why not let him know about the whole situation, apologize and stop this whole sexual relationship saying that it's for his own good? Just be honest, not need to be a bi. tch mate.

• if you need to ask the question then no... where has your brain gone to? you are underage (a minor) dating an adult... and you don't see a problem there?

• why did you have sex with him, even though you knew he was 26.

• It's not okay, no. There are no circumstances under which this is okay.

• This is too stupid to be real...

This has to be a troll account lol

• Technically not a pedophile but completely immoral.

How could there possibly be 2 people out there that find this to be moral? Kind of gross.

@Red_Arrow you're probably right but it's GaG lol. Now there are 6 people. It could be 3 morons and 3 sickos, yesterday I had to report a user that was sexually explicit with a 13 year old, and we both know how dumb most of the user are.

I would not say most. I think "most" are not as obvious on here and more normal. There are just a bunch of morons who are not bright enough to keep it to themselves. :-)

• This days young girls want to look older and older women younger so to be honest I'm not surprised of the whole situation. Something like that probably happens more often than we think but not many people speak about it.

• No, it's not okay. And the fact that you two had sex is not good - for the guy. He could very easily be arrested. Either your parents aren't very good or they are going to be EXTREMELY pissed when they find out. And trust me - they will find out.

• If you think it's ok you should tell your parents and see how they react.

• More stupidity? Why am I not surprised...

• no its not ok!!

• No a pedophile is onky attracted to children that dont have signs of puberty.

• Did he know your age when you both had sex?

• ouch. yeah, he's fucked up
    avoid him like the black plague

• it's only ok if it's Tim Star but no it's not ok

• did he know before sex u are 15

• I would say yes, that guy could be put into jail here if you accuse him of having sex with you

• Sooner or later this is all going to end very very badly. You might think you two are invincible from the legal consequences, but three years is a long time to expect nobody to find out and nothing to happen. As mature as you think you are, in the eyes of the law, the relationship is illegal. When somebody discovers it, and decides to get the police involved, your boyfriend is going to be looking at a label of sex offender for the rest of his life. Every town he will go to he will have to let the entire neighborhood know. And he will find jobs extremely hard to come by.

You may view it as an unfair outcome, but know right now those are the consequences, and you had the option to go a different route

• you're the one that had sex with him ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• uh... well, if he had sex with you, he definitely IS a child molester. How you look is no issue. It is your age.

• you gave consent its ok where i live

• the age difference doesn't matter at all, its only about how grown u are. and ur old enough for stuff like that so who cares.

So you think 15 year olds are physically capable of carrying an birthing a baby with no serious health issues?

@Lyndsielee666 ok please don't have sex with rocks.

Insightful lmfao

• No, it's impossible, pedophiles are attracted only to prepubescents.
    You are dating an Ephebophile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 27

• Did you know he was 26 when you slept with him? I really think *you* should have told him you were underage, if that's the case.
    And he's also stupid not for asking.
    Conclusion: you're both stupid.
    P. S. to the people calling the dude a pedophile, he's not. A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to *prepubescent children* and while she's still technically classed as a child in the eyes of the law, at 15 (and especially if she looks older, which most girls do nowadays) she's hardly prepubescent. This does not mean what he did was right though.

• Are you in the US?

Unless your parents gave both of you permission to sleep together, he is guilty of statutory rape, could face jail time, and he may have to register as a sex offender if your parents decide to press charges against him.

Not just judging or sharing an opinion here, I'm just pointing out the legal facts. It's not my place to say if this is "wrong" or not.

• S... M... H... just - shaking - my - head.

• A 14 year old having sex with a 26 year old. Yes that would make him more of a sex offender because its rape. Even when you just turned 15, it is still rape. The legal age depending where you live is either 16 and 18 at most. Pedophile goes after younger children, as in Elementary and Middle School young.

Okay so I don't think that he goes after Elementary school girls. As I said, I do look older than 14/15.

But he has implied that he wants a relationship with me so it's not like he's taking advantage of me. I think it's gonna be fine.

@Asker An adult cannot have a sexual relationship with a minor. Your parents are going to know something, and that includes your friends. Again, I can't tell you what to do, but unless you stop seeing this guy, he can and will be charged. Anyone over the age of 18 can NOT have consensual sex with a minor under the legal age. All somebody has to do who is of the law and tap and investigate the links of the social media account, and that's all the prove they need. I'm telling you. He knew what he was doing. Why can't he find women his age to date? That says a lot about his intentions.

• most people would say no, just make sure you are taking things at your own pace and he respects the word no, when it leaves your mouth...

I personally don't think age is that much of a problem, i wish you would wait until you were 16 to start having sex but that's mainly because of legal problems.

Remeber that school should come before anyone else. Also be careful who you tell, because most adults will not see this as a good thing, also your friends might look to tell an adult if they think that is the best option for you, so be careful who you tell.

At least be smart sense it sounds like you don't know him very well. write down in a journal or something everything you know about the guy so if he is a pedophile and and anything bad happens people can identify him.

But as long as you are being safe and you are happy, you do you.

• Yeah you're dating a pedophile. Abort mission and tell your parents for the love of fucking God child.

• Well duh anon. Of course he's a pedophile.

"does that make it okay?"

Are you trying to make us think you're stupid or what?

• There is no one on the planet with lower morals or social status than a pedophile. If you think that he is one, why would you want to date him, sleep with him, and take the risk of having his child?

• Yo you're a child you shouldn't be dating a grown ass man. Jfs

• Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children, not 15 year old who look 19. What he is doing is gross but it is not pedophilia.

• So I'm a lot of the people on here are from the US or Canada.

If this is so isn't this a case of Statutory Rape?

• If he thought you were like, 18 then he's a little questionable for messing with someone that age but he isn't fucked up. If he knew you were 15, then yeah he's pretty disgusting. But you said he didn't so..

• I seriously hope you are just a troll.

• Not ok at all...

• Does he know your 15? If he knew then yeah he's a pedophile, if he didn't know and finds out and doesn't care, he's still a pedophile. A normal man would puke at the thought of sleeping with a child.

• it doesn't make it okay

• Lol stupid and stupider

• In my world age is a number so if you like the guy your ages don't matter love is love.

• Where are your parents?

• Here's the thing - he's not a pedophile but he's thinking with his dick. Tbh I feel bad for him.

Why?

First of all, you're not a child.. Pedophiles are attracted to children and secondly you're accusing him of being a pedophile.

I'm not saying what he's doing is ok or anything, just that he's not a pedophile and should still keep his distance from you.

• He's not a pedophile, but that doesn't mean he has your best interests in mind.

• Yes, he is... and you should tell your parents.

• Lol I am 5 years older than you, and this 25 year old still won't date me. You need to not talk to him anymore. That is crazy.

• Ahh sorry to all some people here being shitty about the situation - even though in perspective it is wrong. The fact that he's okay with you being 15 and isn't freaked out by that is disturbing. When I was younger I was extremely attracted to older men and saw nothing wrong with it but now I'm older it's definitely set in how wrong it is. Please don't pursue him, tell him straight up that you're too young for him etc etc. You gotta experience your teenage years and older men like that will make you grow up too quickly and ruin your youth, very toxic. I don't want people commenting saying that I'm justifying this situation because I'm not, it's horrible but he's purely tying to use you for his own pleasure and the taboo is probably exciting for him. Nothing more nothing less. Save yourself the trouble and forget about him :) best of luck.

• He might have not known that you were 15 before he decided to have sex with you. However, when he sent you a friend-request, he saw your birthday, which means he's a sexual predator.
    It does not make it okay, however sad truth is that the large majority of men are attracted to teens.

But what if he's just attracted to me? I mean I look older than 15 and he liked me. How is he a predator when it was consensual sex?

You may look older than 15, but he saw your age. He shouldn't have sent you a friend-request. He's too old to be having sex with you and he doesn't seem to care about the consequences of his actions.

@Anonymous Just because he sent a friend request it doesn't mean that he saw your date of birth. The date of birth by default is only visible to a people who are in your friends list.

• Is he forcing you to be with him? Did he forced you to have sex?

No, and he has no problem with the fact that I'm a minor.

That's the problem and I should leave now cause you won't listen. You think you know everything and it's okay to date a man being a kid when it's not. You will see it one day girl, for real. Take care

@Anonymous That's a today’s teens for you, won't listen for shit even tho when giving a good advice, ehhh.

• Your the one that should have thought about that before sleeping with him. Don't point fingers now little girl.

And here we have another guy pretending to be a girl.

Then

You're corny