Do you think his crush should have at least given him a chance?

And what would you do if someone did something like that for you? Would you reject them?

Would it change anything if the person was good looking or ugly?

• No, she had every right to reject him.
  • Yes, she should have at least given him a chance.
  • Other
2mo Bump
2mo Bumps

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone can reject anyone for anything.
    So what if he did that?
    Wouldn't you be abit creeped out if someone did this to your face and you never even knew they existed?
    It would make you think how long have they been watching you... and you'd cringe.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who the hell has 840 rubik's cubes lying around? That shit would cost over 2 grand.

What Girls Said 16

• There is absolutely no obligation to give a person "a chance", no matter how nice and sweet they are. Maybe she could have went out with him once... but does it make any difference? Nope. She probably had a good reason to reject him. Maybe she felt he was being creepy, which that gesture really was.

• It's really sad, but everybody has the right to reject whoever, for whatever reason. Not to mention his efforts were a touch... extreme. Bordering creepy if I'm honest.

• it's her life and she can reject whoever she wants.. what good would it do if she did go out with with for once out of pity? she wouldn't be attracted to him and it's not fair to any of them

• She had the right to reject him. Poor guy seems to really like her, but she never asked him to do it, if she said yes, it wouldn't be guenine and she would've accepted only out pity.

• It's a little creepy tbh...
    But if she didn't like him that way, than she had every right to reject him.

• It's kind of cold of her lol, but if she's not attracted/doesn't have feelings for him than there's not much she can do about that. She would've just accepted the date out of obligation or pity and that wouldn't have done him any favors. Plus we don't know their history.

Would you want a guy to go on a date with you out of pity?

I didn't say she should've done that. I said she WOULD have done it only out of pity, and that's not good.

I stand corrected.

• If I know him very well, yes I'll probably accept him. But if he's some stranger and suddenly confess his love by giving me a portrait of myself made of rubik, no thanks, I'd be creeped out.

• I feel bad for the guy, but she had every right to reject him.
    Had she agreed to even one date, without actually being attracted to him, she's just doing it out of pity and that's wrong.

• Just because he did that to testify how obsessed he is with her doesn't mean he's entitled to her.
    That would be ridiculous & yes, she had every right in the world to reject him.

• While I believe she has the right to reject him, I definitely wouldn't. If a guy out that much effort into asking me out, I'd want to give him a chance to get to know him. Also, I am extremely ugly so his looks wouldn't change my opinion. As someone who is really ugly, I can't reject someone even if I don't feel attraction to them. I would want someone to look past how I look, so what kind of person would I be if I didn't do the same? I've actually never ever been asked out.

The thing is, no one is obligated to date anyone. So while I wouldn't reject him, other women likely would. This girl did because she wasn't obligated to date him.

That is very kindhearted of you, but there's no need to think of yourself that low. Chances are you don't look as bad as you think.

No people tell me all the time. I've been hearing it since I was 12.

Although I haven't seen you, but for what it's worth, I'll tell you that you look nice. Have nice day ma'am :)

• that s scary and creepy
    I d stay away, dude sounds obsessive

• That is so unfair and I'm shocked from guys results

Why are you shocked?

Bcs every guy think that she had the right to reject him
      OK she had the right but that isn't fair

Well that is where it ends. She had the right, thus making it fair.

• I think she should give him a chance like just one date or a things like that. Not like it ll hurt her to do it but anyway if she really don't like him it's better to not lead him on.
    Though what he did with this cub is really impressive and it should have take so much time to do it.

• I would run so fucking fast he would not even see my shadow. That's SO CREEPY DUDE!
    But I do admire the talent. He should use it for more normal purposes

• Doesn't matter if he's good looking or not. What he did is just creepy.

• I know this will not sound good but in life, things doesn't always goes our way. You may have a huge crush on someone but is left heartbroken when they don't feel the same. We can't force anyone to like us and im very sorry this happened to him. Hopefully, someone will like him for who he is.

What Guys Said 22

• It's incredibly obsessive and creepy and would put anyone off despite how good looking or not the Rubik's cube master is. Now if he did this for a girl that he had been together with for many years and he did it for their anniversary or her birthday or something, she'd probably be extremely happy and we'd all be looking at it as being very romantic... But when someone is spending that much effort for someone who isn't even emotionally invested in them... It's only going to creep people out.

While he was creepily obsessing about her and solving Rubik's cubes, other guys were out there bettering themselves, being productive, earning money, creating lifelong experiences etc etc... They're the ones that girls will be attracted to.

But what if it was just a hobby of his? You can see that he had created other pictures with the cubes as well. The one with her face was just the biggest.

But yes, you make a good point.

• If you don't find them attractive, you don't find them attractive. Simple as that. This is why all these declarations and confessions and performing great feats to try and win someone's heart are foolish - if they like you, you won't have to do anything except be yourself.

• I would give them a day to hang with me sort of things and let them down easy.

But grand gestures doesn't equal automatic attraction. I found out the hard way myself lol.

So hopefully she let him down nicely. And didn't outright destroy the guy like my crush did.

• I feel bad for him, but yes, she did have the right to reject him. Everyone has that right at all times. And this is why you don't waste your time trying to impress other people.

• That kinda shows that he is obsessed.
    To be honest if someone with a crush on me did that I'd probably say no as well.
    That would just make me extremely uncomfortable

• Not being mean here :( But yeah of course she had the right to reject

• Let us not confuse reject with "did not feel the same way as he."

he may very well have been madly in love with her, but she may have felt that same feeling for One Hung Lo. We do not know that.

I feel sorry for the poor bugger, but that is life. Sooner he gets over it, the sooner he learns to better utilize his skills. I mean that in a nice way.

Just my opinion

• You know why men get women , because they don't do that shit
    That guy is crazy about her , he got a wrong mentality , people will hate me for this , but it's his fault that he lives a girl who don't give a fuck about him

Why does it have to be about sex?

"but it's his fault that he lives a girl who don't give a fuck about him"

You make it sound like sex is all there is.

Loves * sorry typos
      And I don't think she appreciates what he did and I bet there was signs that she ain't intersted in him before he do that
      And I wasn't talking about sex at all sorry if I said it wrongly or something

And sorry about the typos I got big hands haha

• He took a risk and failed. I make things for my crush all the time, its not entirely creepy (We're good friends though, so eh). This girl he likes shouldn't need to put up with him. I only hope she was nice about it.

Anyhow, in this situation, if I was the girl. I would have made an honest attempt at getting to know him. This doesn't mean that you should give him "A chance", but there are many things to learn from others. If only they would let you. Besides, this guy made a masterpiece. You should at least respect that, it's a complement.

• Romantic gestures are best saved for people who already love you as they will appreciate it more than strangers would.

• in my opinion, please dont rain down on me, this is kinda one of the reasons guy dont try hard anymore... No longer worth the effort.

the problem is that guys try too hard too soon. It can turn a girl away, and if it attracts her then you've set a precedent for future interactions that you may have to maintain or risk losing her.

@ChromAzonyx108 Oh, i see... I get your point.

• If a neighborhood cat brings her a dead bird, does she owe it a chance to be her house cat?

• He's creative, but if attraction isn't there, it isn't there.

• when you are not attracted to someone you are not , doesn't matter how much he likes her the decision to be with him or not is hers and she have every right not to.

• Thats sad, he must of put a ton of time into that

• Of course not.

• It just goes to show that all this elaborate bullshit that you normally see in movies doesn't work. Just ask the girl out, but get to know her a little bit first.

• Doesn't matter what he did... She has a right to reject him... It's like being nice and expecting the girl to like you...

On the flip side, the girl probrally didn't deserve him.

What girl would reject a sweet gesture like that?

I think most girls would be super flattered on how he cares and would give him a chance!

• People like you for who you are. Or they don't. Grand gestures are only useful for convincing them that you are serious about them.

So if you're a rich hot playboy hitting on some girl who really is attracted to you, but she's turning you down because she thinks you're just playing her, then this huge cube portrait would probably 'work'.

But males are very very rarely in that position. Most males are in the 'need to attract' stage, not the 'she thinks I'm out of her league and can't be serious' stage.

The problem is most romantic stories are made for women, and hence do not involve ugly guys becoming more attractive. Rather they involve hot players realizing how amazing the totally average heroine is and becoming serious about her.

This isn't to criticize women. You will notice that porn, made for men, tends to involve gorgeous and naive young women (in theory) magically turning into sluts, not ugly sluts convincing guys to date them more seriously via a makeover.

• The thing is, women often lie that physical appearance doesn't matter... if that guy looked like Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, or Leonardo DiCaprio, she would have given him a chance.

The same can be said about men tho.

Physical appearance matters, but it's not the only thing that matters or even the most important thing.

@snowangle I know, but most girls are picky.

• Its up to her, but maybe he came on too strong. Don't waste your time on a women that doesn't give two pieces of paper for you. You're a good guy, you'll find a better girl one day (or marry your hand... kekekkekee!!!)