Girls, would you consider this guy boyfriend material?

He's 6'2-6'3.
He has a cute face and nice hair and he goes to the gym regularly. He isn't bodybuilder gorilla massive but he has an athletic amount of muscle.

He's smart and does well in university and gets along well with most people he interacts with. And he's polite

But he's also on the quiet side and shy but he's very nice and gentle.

He also knows how to cook some home made meals. But he doesn't know how to cook that much else.

Well?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• You started with looks. Anyone who places looks as a first priority when seeing a mate is superficial, and won't truly love you for who you are. Looks fade. Will she stay if you are horribly disfigured while trying to save her life?

The guy you described sounds average. I don't actually know him, so I can't actually answer your question. I judge people based on who they are and how they treat others, and I NEVER judge based on first impressions, because that's when a person is most likely putting on an act to impress you.

I didn't start with looks because it's the top priority (it isn't) I started with looks to give people a more accurate imaginable person when I described the personality.

Not everyone likes the same physical attributes. Saying that your face is "cute" doesn't actually paint an image for me. We all have a type, and if I really had to paint a picture of my ideal "cute", he would have nearly pale skin, green eyes, and thick straight black hair down to his ass. But he would have the height and body you described.

I like taller guys because I am naturally submissive, and I enjoy being dominated, and feeling "small" compared to my lover. I like guys who are capable of fighting to protect me, but I don't want a man who is always punch crazy or obsessed with always being stronger than everyone else. Some fights need brawn to win, others need brains.

And I prefer confident men who are bold enough to say what they think and feel, to step up and speak up with they are called to do so.

Shy, quiet, and gentle? No thanks. I like it rough.

Fair enough.

What Girls Said 20

• Those are some pretty basic attributes that don't really say much about the person at all... what are his interests? What kind of sense of humour does he have? What's his style? When you say polite, do you mean just nice or is he weirdly robotic in his interactions? Is he fun to be around or a chore to get out of his shell? Cute according to who, by the way? And frankly, even if we knew all that, without actually interacting with a guy IRL you can't tell if there's a connection or what his mannerisms are like - the little stuff that matters but can't really be put on paper.

You can't just describe a bunch of generic "positive" attributes with one minor flaw that really could mean a hundred different things and ask if the guy described is 'boyfriend material". That's not how it works.

• what else should he cook other than home made meals? office made meals?
    airplane made meals?
    Seems like a pretty silly (pointless) question

• Yes, Indeed.
    I would say "He" is Perfect for Someone who is More like the Rebeca of Sunny Brook Farm and Not some Hot to Trot girl who Probably would Never be Able to Appreciate a Guy like this.
    Good luck. xx

• As long as he's caring, treats me well, makes me laugh and has aspirations then I'm on board. The things you've mentioned are just bonuses

• Sounds like a dream to me. who wouldn't want that?

He's shy so it might be hard to get him to ask you out though.

Don't come across many girls that would do that.

well i do my own thing, if i am interested in someone i am not gonna wait and hope he approaches me. That is stupid.

• The problem with these types of questions is that nearly everyone can sound like a catch if you only list positives, but the problem is that life isn't always positive.

He sounds ok, not my type physically but his personality I like

• Of course I would consider him as boyfriend material, he sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for.

• Um, duh? Works for me.

• Hell yeah!!!

• None of that tells me how he would treat a girlfriend so I don't know.

• If that's the only positive aspects about him I'm proabably out..

• Where can I sign up?

• When it comes to relationships, it's all about the connection between two people. So this guy would likely be boyfriend material, but it depends on how he would get along with certain types of girls.

• Sounds good on paper but it would depend on how I get along with him.

• Nope, he sounds dull.

• Is there chemistry? Is there attraction? How does he treat you? How do you feel when you're with him? Would he influence you more positivity? Those are things to look for getting into a relationship.

• Sure I would date this kind of guy.

• if we had things in common and he didn't obsess over the gym and healthy eating then yes :)

• He sounds great! 😍

• He sounds perfect