Guys, Girls, Would you date someone who didn't know how to cook?

Once again im curious. Personally i might because i love to cook but he would at least have to help when i make a few things

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • doesn't matter
  • See poll

Most Helpful Guy

• I went with "maybe" because it is not clear how passionate you are with cooking. You say you love it, so does that mean you spend hours in the kitchen preparing wonderful meals etc? If that is the case then one has to try and find a balance of some sort. For the average person spending hours and hours in the kitchen wouldn't be normal either. I agree however that if he wants to eat, he has to help.

It was just an in general question lol do i spend hours in the kitchen? No, i have a full plate most of the day, only time i spend hours is when it's a holiday, or im having a party. Most of mine takes a half hour to hour and half from prep til i sit down with my plate.

That's an okay time. He can and maybe should help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine is a "no" because i am so spoiled and i'm already so used to my boyfriend cooking for me and with me. I just wouldn't want to set myself back by being with someone who didn't know how to cook or help around in the kitchen, you know? + when my boyfriend and I do it together it's a bonding experience with both enjoy. I would want to be able to bond like that with somebody else AND it's healthier to eat homemade food then to always eat out and if he doesn't cook and I don't feel like cooking that means we better be close to his mother because she might have to be over all the time to drop off food, which I assume can be a bit annoying.

What Guys Said 15

• My ex spouse didn't know how to cook much. Luckily I was taught since a boy how to cook. I didn't mind her not cooking.

• I personally wouldn't.

Does she have to be a great cook, no? She has to know how to cook some things though.

I do most of the cooking in my relationship because it's a hobby of mine that I enjoy but when I'm not feeling like cooking sometimes, my woman picks up the slack and cooks something simple for us. We also like to cook something really delicious together on the weekends once in a while. Something that's fun and a team effort. She's great at baking and making desserts too.

I'm not eating out food and TV dinners all the time or feeding my future children nothing but McDonalds so I would of never considered anything serious with her if she couldn't cook.

• date : sure
    marrying with her : No, never

• Yes I would. I'm not all that good of a cook myself so even if she wasn't good at it, that would just mean we could learn together. Which would be even better than her doing it all by herself. The more common experience the better.

• Meh we can starve together😂😂😅

• if they can't cook, i'm not a bad cook and if all else fails there's always take out.

• I'd be ok with it, it would be something fun to do together, I could teach her!

• Yes, I would date someone who doesn't know how to cook. If anything, I could teach her how. That way, if something happens down the road and I can't cook anymore, then she can still cook for the both of us (and our family).

• This isn't the 1900's anymore, I can cook just fine and would definitely cook with her. I don't think a good cook will be in my needs for a girl.

• sure. I can cook myself, not good but better than nothing lol

• Maybe.

• doesn't matter

• 'Course I would!

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• With all of the Guys I have Dated and Mated, it Didn't, still Doesn't Matter... Who does the Cooking or if they Can lift a Pan.
    I used to be the Chef of the Century but now, it's an Effort to Boil water. We can Either go out to Eat as a treat or just Eat in.
    Like a Bike, you never Forget how to Ride nor Slide... In those biscuits.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Yeah I don't know how to cook properly either, we could take a cooking course together :D

• My boyfriend doesn't cook. He broke the kettle once by trying to boil an egg in it.
    He refuses to even do baked beans for himself.
    It's fine though because in my family has always cooked so I love doing it it, and I love looking after him so I think it's quite sweet that he doesn't. I like it.

• Anyone (who doesn't have an impairment ofc) can learn to cook.
    It's just lazyness is you aren't willing try sometimes.

I love coming back from work and seeing my boyfriend made an effort. Even if he didn't follow a recipe and made it up! :D haha

I also try and do the same.

Feeding your partner healthy, delicious and nutritious home made food shows you love them but you also know how to take care of yourself.

• A long time ago I would have said no, until I met my boyfriend, who can BARELY cook. It's amazing what you'll compromise when you really care about somebody.

He still tries though, which is what is important to me.

• That can't cook at all? Sorry but a grown ass man should know how to take care of himself... that means knowing how to cook, clean, do basic fixes around the house, etc. Same with a grown ass woman.

No, I would not date a guy who can't cook. I wouldn't date a guy who can't take care of himself.

• I already did and I'd do it again as long as he had some redeeming qualities.

This dude cannot cook. He eats like... the same 5 things over and over again. His idea of cooking is a whole pound of ground beef on top of broccoli and cauliflower, a whole bag worth, then topped with half a jar of sauerkraut, topped with a ton of hot sauce, pepper, salt, and spices. And that was just one meal. And to this day, he swears he can cook better than me.

Lies.

Ew that dont even sound good

It wasn't, it was horrible haha, he swears it's delicious and he eats it almost every day for a meal, sometimes twice a day.

• I don't care I'm good at cooking so if he know or doesn't know how to cook I don't care about it at all. In fact I prefer doing the cooking myself.

• I am bad at cooking and it's mainly my boyfriend that do it. But I always help him with cutting and some small stuffs though.

If he did not know how to cook. It won't make me like him less. We could learn together.

• I don't care if they know how to cook or not. But I can't stand snobby or picky eaters. I'm fine with allergies but if someone only like 10 types of food I'm out.

• Yes, I'm a really good cook and I enjoy it anyway.

• Yeah I would. Cooking is not one of the priorities for me to date someone.

• Not everyone knows how to cook maybe ask him to help with little things.