Is chivalry really dead?

I want to know your experiences , opinions and any other comment you feel about this question. How many guys can honestly say they open a door and surprise her with roses on the seat? And how many can say they split the bill. How many ladies has had one or the other guy and how exactly did that go. If you are a guy that's old fashioned, than what do you expect your date to act like.
Remember guys , if takes $0.00 to open the door and slap her ass when she's walking in 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all over the board, but it's still out there. The problem is this third wave feminism just isn't going over as well for the ladies as they had hoped. Sure, everyone wanted equal pay and treatment, but women still want men to be real men, to protect and provide for them, and to lead. Telling them you're independent and don't need them and it's sexist to be chivalrous is what has caused this whole shit-storm.

The men are like whoa, not going there. You want equality - you get it - be just like a man then, pay your share, and take care of your own stuff that the guys normally would do for you, like keep your car running, fix stuff for you. And don't expect them to treat you like a princess. Just not happening anymore.

But the guys are willing to do it if you act like a real lady and not a feminist bitch. Learn to be polite, gracious, humble, generous, and respectful. You'll likely be totally amazed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I like this. No chivalry is not dead. My boyfriend has said to me "When I take a woman out on a date I don't expect her to pay." he has told me no many times when my hand reaches for the door lol he always wants to be the one to open it for me. Only grudgingly does he give into letting me pay for dinner we've worked out a compromise, or at least that's what he calls it but once a month I get to take him out for dinner and pay any night of my choosing :) (he really really hates that lol)

He loves to spoil me, he's even cooked romantic dinners for me. When he's out, he will ask if there is anything I need or want. We started dating in October and at the time I worked at a haunted maze every year for Halloween, well one night at my job a scared the crap out of the wrong guy and he hit me in the head with his knee (i was kneeling on the ground when i pop scared the crap out of him) I told my man what had happened that night and the very next morning he showed up at my house with a bouquet of pink and white roses and some other decorative accent flowers. He wanted to know who and what hurt his favorite girl.

I love him so much

Aweeeeee love if lovely...

I totally agree with you. Growing up, opening doors was something I always did and people always appreciated it. I have no idea why its so offensive now for a guy to pay for a date or hold a door open for a lady. I'll never stop being chivalrous, because if someone doesn't want a second date with me because I opened the door and paid for dinner... I don't think I'm the one with the problem.

@Major_Vybz well said :) you be you and i appreciate Real Men like you and my Boyfriend!

What Guys Said 18

• Chivalry is illogical and I am glad its dead.

On the other hand we still have kindness, which is genuine unlike chivalry.

If I see someone who has their hands full I open the door for them, not because society expects it from me but because I want to make it easier for them.

• Really guys don't want girls to ask for them to pay the bill. It's super reduntant when they cry out for the guy to pay. As it really ruins the mood. And be open to spliting the bill or paying for it as then you can get away with tricking the guy into getting something better.

Chivalry is a thing but it's rare as its gotta go both ways.

• No it's not dead but you can see it's hard for a woman to find. It seems everyday walking down the street I see men walking with there woman and the woman is on the side of the street closest to the street and I make a comment every time. It's the generation that we live in also makes it hard to find because it's kids raising kids. No more men raising boys to be men.

@tha_vegangsta I never really pay attention to that stuff but I always assumed that when every man walks with his woman that he puts himself on the more dangerous side. That's what I always do. I'm going to pay attention to this now. Pretty pathetic if you're right.

I think it's funny sometimes, and i really am thankful that my boyfriend treats me with so much respect. i laughed out loud once when i first started dating him; we started to walk on a sidewalk like you have described and i went to the side of him closest to the street, he then paused took my hand pulled me to the other said of him and said "Wrong side." when we started walking again i laughed because no one has ever done that for me.

@emiko as he should happy to know it's some good men still out

• I have been told I am a "sexist pig" for opening a door for a woman, been told off for offering my seat to a woman on a train, and told that "I am certainly capable of doing things myself" when offering help to a stranger. So which is right, being chivalrous (and sexist) or egalitarian (and rude)? hard call isn't it?

• nice guy uses chivarly with narcisist slut!
    narcisist slut uses the ability - step on his heart
    its super effective!
    nice guy evolves into grown ass man and discard chivalry ability
    nice guy learns new ability "dont give a fuck" and beats dozens of narcistic sluts
    that's it.

but seriously, chivalry is almost dead. and i blame the sluts. male and female sluts. that being said... i'll keep my chivalry for those who gain my respect

• Chivalry is dead thanks to women. Balme one another. I can't open a door for a lady without her assuming I want her. "I have a boyfriend." Well that's nice sweetie but don't give the world shit for not opening the damn door next time.

• Of COURSE it is ! "I want a bad boy, a rebel. Good / smart and shy guys are boring"... so us gentlemen decided to take a hike and say FUCK YOU WORLD

I apologize for all the ladies that don't appreciate Real Men, the kind of man who treats you with the up most respect. Just know there are girls who still appreciate the code of real men, chivalry.

@Emiko thank you, and your boyfriend is quite the lucky guy ^^ make sure to remind him ;)

lol he reminds me every day " how did I get so lucky?" i just always tell him that that's my like lol

• It's still there, true nice guys are the modern day equivalent of chivalry. We're kinda shy, but we're out there, I promise. I should also point out that contrary to popular belief, we do it because we want to, not just because it's "expected".

• No its not i do it sometimes without noticing, help a girl, stand so she could sit or open a door for her, however i must say its only appreciated if they find you good looking so it hasn't really hurt my chances if anything it helps me make girls like me more , but lets face most girls nowdays dont really deserve to be treated like that and thats why not many do it.

• Yes chivalry died on May 27, 1968, it was unfortunate what happened to chivalry as he got hit by a bus may he RIP :(

• I always make a effort to be a gentleman when out with females, not just a girlfriend. I do it all, open doors, pull out chairs, I always pay when eating out. I have been with one or two women who didn't desire the extra attention and I obliged.

my boyfriend is the same way :) I wish there was more guys like you and him both!!! that way my friend can stop dating guys who seem nice at first and turn into dirt-bags latter...

I apologize for all the laddies that criticize you for acing in a more gentlemanly like manor, because people like you are what i believe to be a real man.

• Hasn't it still got a cult playerbase?

• Well I open the doors but I didn't consider the ass slaping part

• I'm chivalrous af... even to people I don't even like.

Your last line made me laugh 😂😂

• The real chivalry is but that's because it is no longer the middle ages.

• It's redundant

• No, simply no.

• I hope not. I mean I just do those things in general. And I'd be extra nice if I really like her. But I agree, it doesn't cost anything to be polite, courteous etc.

But does it convey to women I like them when I do? Do they open up to me if I'm demonstrating my normal genuinely nice chivalrous self?

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the guy or girl. Some guys think that the world owes them everything and some guys are more into thinking that they should give to the world.

• Yes it died with the humanists who attempted to imitate Charlemagne.

• A friend told me about a horrible date she went on. One of the things that made it so bad was this: she got to the restaurant door first, so she politely held it for her date. His response: "The next time you do that, I'll slam it in your face."