He said I was too young for him?

So this guy that I'm friends with flirts with me all the time. He is incredibly touchy, as in he puts his arm around my shoulders, hands on my shoulders, touching my hair all the time. On top of that, he is very playful, we play fight sometimes and we joke around, mostly teasing each other. He also has told me that I'm a very sweet girl, that I'm hot, and I've been told that I am one of the few people he is genuinely happy to see. All of this seems as though he likes me right? Well, the other day, someone told him that we should date. He said that I was too young for him. I'm 19 and he's 24, which I understand is a bit of an age gap, but not that much right? Is he right, am I too young for him? (I am mature for my age, but I look younger than I actually am)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's definitely not too big of a gap but that might not be his preference or he said that because he didn't know how you would react if he agreed.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am dating a guy who is 26... LMAO and i am 19 HAHAHA and have a baby face, it really depends on personal opinions. some agree while other disagrees. if he really loves you, then i guess he shouldn't worry so much on this. Or maybe he's shy to answer he friends "yes".

What Guys Said 1

• yup
    5 years is a bit big
    with your look he will be labeled a pedophile

What Girls Said 2

• not that young. 5 years is a good differential to many people

• honestly age is just a number , maybe the maturity level isn't the same thing or maybe he's just wants to hook up if he does that then he's a player , don't waste your time