What is your desired age gap between you and your partner?

Apply to those who are in dating, in relationship, and those who are not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what matters most is that you're at the same stage and life and have the same goals. If one is looking to settle down and raise a family, but the other is not -- not good. If one is preparing for retirement and the other one has young kids -- not good. If one is enjoying traveling the world and the other is focused on getting through school -- not good.

Also, age difference matters for what *type* of r/ship you want. Some people want an asymmetric r/ship where one partner leads the r/ship -- sets the tone, pace and agenda, and the other follows. Others prefer give and take in a partnership. If the former, sometimes an age difference can help. If the latter, age difference can get in the way.

Also, age difference depends on how old you are. At 18, four years is a significant difference. At 60, it is insignificant.

I've dated women a few years older than me and those 15 years younger than me. Both my marriages have been to women one year younger than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am open minded when it comes to age.

I'll date about up to 2-3 years younger (cut off is 20), anywhere from 3-6 (maybe more) years older, or my age.

My boyfriend and I were only born one day apart. Same year. Lol.

What Guys Said 17

• 0 would be the best.

• Well, some idiot made up the arbitrary formula of half the guy's age plus 7. So (31/2)+ 7 = 22.5. Sounds okay to me :) Actually, seems a bit young. But the formula has spoken. Maybe a few years older for a bit more experience and maturity. 23-28 would probably be ideal.

• I don't date younger than my sister (3 years younger than me). I'll go a little more in the older direction though. Due to my bad experiences with TWO Libras born twelve days apart in October of 1972, I know that eleven years older is too much. So within three years of my age older or younger is probably best for me. Though it'd be so cool if I got to love someone who was born earlier in 1983 (I was born that November).

• Preferably older, up-to 30, wouldn't mind someone a couple of years younger, that's an exception though.

• I don't really think about it to be honest. Someone who is relatively around my age I guess.. The older I get, the less I care about age.

I'll take a shot in the dark at 20-35.

i dont really mind older or younger, think 8 years difference would be the max tho.

whoops supposed to be on the question 😂 ^

• Currently 18-24

• Maybe about 5 years younger.

• I personally think that older women (~6 years) are more attractive, but finding someone of my own age means that we'll probably be together longer before one of us croaks. So, I say same age.

• Me being a few years older.

• Ideal: Age of consent in my state to 22.

So 15 to 21 years younger than me.

Gross.

You you stated what the age of consent is in your age but then you proceeded to say that you wanted someone who was 15 to 21 years younger than me thus meaning the girl would be from the age of 9 to 15. Now if your age is wrong on your profile how the f*** am I supposed to know? So who's the stupid one again bro?

***younger than you***

• a couple of years younger than me... early twenties I guess

• 2 years younger to 10 years older.

• I'd sleep with any girl who was 16+ and that I found attractive.

Dating probably more like 18-25.

@Sasha07 What? Why?

@Levin I suspect most wouldn't. You'll notice my answer was 16 plus and attractive to me, so basically I don't care so long as it's legal and there is mutual attraction. I care very little what others think about who I have sex with, which is probably not the case for everyone.

@Sasha07 Kid? Biologically 16 year olds are not children. Legally they are above the age of consent. 16 year olds are not kids, they are young adults. There is nothing moraly wrong or unnatural about finding 16 year olds attractive.

• i dunno, i'd probably have a girlfriend that is the most, 5 years younger than me or 3 older, but i dont think age shud be an issue when ur with someone unless its like 15 years or more i think.

• For me its between -5 and +2

• 10 to 15 years younger ideally.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 33

• I don't really have a desired age gap, however my boyfriend is 12 years older than me, I don't notice any longer, its a good match.

• I prefer guys who are older than me 5 to 10 years. I'm 19 and guys around my age seem to not take things a little serious when the occasion applies, only some do.

• The older the better lol

• Old enough so he doesn't make farting noises and laughs.

• I don't want anymore than three years. I can't match someone too much older than me, they'll still consider me a child.

• Idealy : 21 to 26
    But I can make exceptions 20- 32

• I would prefer someone as close to my age as possible. But at my age of 19, a four year age gap is the maximum for me.

• Around my age.

• For me, 20-29 I think

• i have absolutely no preference apart from not being interested in older men.

• 5-10 years older but my boyfriend is only 2 years older than me. he's a lot more mature than people his age tho, so prbbly thats why i fell for him.

• Preferably around my age 19-21/22

• Honestly prefer 5 year older age gap or 1 year younger that's my preference

• Bi serial dater right here

*men... age 36-55 unless athletes
    *women... age 21-30

• Like 18-25 but the closer to my age, the better.

• My age to 10 years older than me.

• None

• I guess my limit is up to 5 years older then me anything older then that I wouldn't want that.

• within 5 years

• Probably 5 years

• I only date guys my age.

• He has to be older then me, not like 20 years old... lol 😂
    Or he can be my age. 😊

• I'm 22 and I would say 23-26.

• 2-4 years older than me.

• 3-4 year age gap

• <-1,0,1>

• My age, 20 to 26

• Ideally, my age up to 15 years older. Anything over that has to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

• I mean, mine is 3 years older. In my opinion I'll go 4 years older than me, and only a few months younger. I'm not a big fan of guys younger

• I always prefer someone my age or older. 5 years older is probably the maximum

• More from Girls
    3