If your boyfriends ex was a cheap looking girl would it turn you off a bit?

For the first time I've seen my boyfriends ex and she is a very skanky looking girl. I thought he had higher standards than this. I don't mean to be mean but she wears little clothing, very heavy makeup that's caked on. hair extensions that are visible, speaks like she was dragged up. It's turned me off a little the thought of him being with somebody like that.

I've seen his other exs and they seem like lovely girls but this one is his most recent and was with her for 2 years. I didn't expect to feel grossed out.

If your girlfriend / boyfriend dated somebody tacky would it make you see them differently?

• Yes it would make me see them differently
  • No it wouldn't bother me
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• The past is irrelevant, I dont care who a person has been with while they are with me. He might have seen something in her that you can't. Men are like that, we dont place as much stock in things like makeup and clothing as women do. I mean for goodness sake there was a survey completed recently by twitter that found that overwhelmingly it was women that shamed other women, not men.. If you really like him do the adult thing and forget about his past. If you can't, you're not ready for a real relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't really make me view them differently, I admit when I found out my ex cheated on me, it was with this chick that I KNEW but I couldn't even recognize her at the time anymore, her blonde shiny hair turned into an orange burnt mess, her skin was full of acne due to so many drugs she was using, she didn't look clean, finger nails so dirty, I was grossed out and told him at the time that never mind him making out with her but he had sex with her and then me, making me feel absolutely dirty lol.

What Guys Said 6

• And women complain that guys care only about looks yet you are judging his exs appearance. Well here's the answer why.

• I judge a girl by what she looks like, not what her standards are. I mean if she's with me they have to be pretty low, right? I really wouldn't care if her last ex was the Elephant Man.

• No, why the hell would I? I don't care what my girlfriend's exs look like.

• nice one judge someone by their looks alone then judge someone else based off of that

• u just trashing her to feel better about yourself

• and girls say they dont judge...

What Girls Said 14

• No, it wouldn't turn me off.
    It's not my place to judge who he dated before I came along. It doesn't change anything in regards to how things are between you two now, right?

• they are all exes for a reason is the way I think and I'm with him now.
    I've seen pics of some of my guys exes and he doesn't really have a "type" I giggle at some of them like you dated THAT? but others I'm like wow, she's beautiful, do you still want her?
    Try not to get caught up in the exes, you dont know if he was just going through a phase. It is what it is. Just remember the things that made you fall for him.

• I wouldn't let it put me off of him, but I would think he had bad taste back then. Lol.

• Yes it would, I'm pretty classy, and if anyone surrounds themselves with people like that, I would be immediately put off.

• Honestly, it would be an ego boost for me. Id much rather that, than have it be some amazingly beautiful girl who I would worry my boyfriend isn't over

• Most of my bfs exes are not easy on the eye. It just shows his taste has improved a lot.

• I get where you are coming from but there's nothing you can do about it. Decide if this is significant enough to end your relationship with him. If not then try not to think about it. She's his ex after all.

• No girl, just feel good knowing he upgraded!

• I ALWAYS need to know what type of people his ex's were before I actually date a guy, it will tell you a lot.

• No, just means he raised his standards.

• Huge turn off for sure

• You need a hobby if you're concerned about what your boyfriend's ex looks like

• Why? This just mean he prefer personnality over look.

• Yeah my boyfriends ex is a dog. And it's really turned me off the thought of him being with her makes me want to vomit.