Why isn't he messaging me back after he asked me out?

I've been talking to this guy for about 2 weeks we're friends on fb and snapchat. We seemed to be hitting it off, we have a ton in common and everything. He was living an hour away and he said once he moves back down here we should hang out.. last night he asked me if I wanted to hang out tomorrow and I replied with a sure... he hasn't said anything back to me yet. Currently I have no way to hang out with him my car is in the shop and yesterday my mechanic told me my car will be fixed that day but it hasn't called them today and they said what they thought was wrong with it isn't what is wrong with it so now I really don't think I can hang out. So I messaged him that and told him my car situation and he hasn't said anything back at all. When I know he's on fb right now anyways.

it seems like this happens a lot. Like not with me this is my first but my friends have had a guy do this to them before. Why do they do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You mean lose interest? Happens all the time with both sexes. They simply find someone better (a billion people online, doesn't take long and there's always someone better). Sometimes at the speed of thought to where you don't even get to meet up once. At least it didn't get to the stage to where he had to send a text saying he's dumping you (or vice versa) and all the drama that entails.

Literally lost interest in hanging out with me like an hour after he asked? How does that happen?

Only 24 hours in a day so he had to prioritize. Most likely got asked by someone else soon after asking you. Farcebook is busy like that. Or simply something else needed his attention, some people have busy lives besides just chatting on FB.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people who have a Change of Heart With... He asked me out... Are Rude and Crude and Cowardly when they Cannot even Come up with a Lame Duck Excuse and just Put you on a Bad Back burner. You probably Feel he was Taking you for a Ride.
    Don't bother with him anymore. Many of Today's Toms have no Class and Sadly in the Beginning, it's just this "Class Ass" Act.
    Maybe you should "Unfriend" him Now from Facebook.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• because guys want the girl to pick the time and date to meet up

What Girls Said 1

• Who knows? You overanalyzing will not help you figure it out and will honestly just make you feel worse. Read this article and follow its advice and guys and dating will become a lot more clear. https://markmanson.net/fuck-yes