Boyfriend wants to meet my racist Asian parents?

My boyfriend is Hispanic and we have been dating for a whole year now. I go to his house almost everyday and his parents are very welcoming, warm, and friendly. They treat me like family and I also sleep over at his house sometimes. However, his parents always question me if my parents knew about our relationship together. I told them no because my strict Asian parents did not allow me to date because they think I'm still too young at 20. That was only half the truth. My parents also would never allow me to be with a Hispanic guy simply because they think Hispanics men are "fuckboys" and aren't committed. My boyfriend is the sweetest person in the world and is the furthest thing from being a fuckboy but my parents would never give him a chance simply because of his race. My parents have told me that they do not want to meet him and to not bring him over to our house. But my boyfriend really wants to meet them. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Asian: Filipino, actually. What are you, guys?

From what I've seen, traditionalist parents don't really hate the (in U. S. terms) "color of your skin", but more of familiarity with the culture & language, feeling at home in your ethnic setting, and the like. They want mutual understanding, more predictable behavior they can agree with, and the same values. If your parents are like I imagine, he might have more of a chance if her were to intently study your culture, language, national history, pop culture, media, etc. Has he started doing this?

Also, were are you two now in your relationship: already boyfriend & girlfriend (though unofficially on your side alone), very deep friends who are seriously considering the next step, something else?

If the latter, perhaps it would be good if you were to introduce him as a friend and let the relationship naturally flow in front of them, so they really get to learn about him and get used to seeing you two together. If he show a lot of genuine interest in their world and practically becomes a natural part of your household, he may actually stand a chance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to your boyfriend about how your parents feel, and work together in a way to make your parents happy.

What Guys Said 16

• Just do it. Maybe if your parents see how he treats you they will like him. Why would they hate someone who treats their daughter with respect. The fact is you will have to do this sooner or later so just do it. Maybe you could invite your parents to lunch and let them meet him.

Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• Don't, just don't. I'm not sure what he thinks will come out of meeting them. Does he know all this? if not you need to tell him.

I already told him how my parents are but didn't say the racist part... he gets disappointed as if it's not real if I don't introduce him to my parents

• If you live at home still there's a chance they'll boot you out. At least, that's my experience. Heh. If you don't live at home, let the sparks fly. ;-)

• Lol fuck what you're parents think about him... Your parents are just judgmental people who believe in stupid stereotypes...

• stop your parents did not say ''fuckboy'' lol

They didn't say that lol but they pretty much think that Hispanic men play with girls heart a lot

• You tell your boyfriend the truth?

• You have to tell your boyfriend how your parents feel and he has to understand that it only takes you and him to be happy. The opinion of others does not matter.

• Bring him ove, let them see he is a great guy. Try it once after that you can at least see what kind of guy he is.

• Tell your boyfriend how your parents feel but let him down easy.

• This would be fun to see

• make a bet

• Lite the fuse and hope for the best

• Are all Asian parent hate that there kids date people of other colors?

• so, are you dating him, out of spite?

• Asians are a scourge.

• It is your parents' house, and they have a right to choose who they allow into their own home.
    Maybe if you two are together a couple years and all is still going well, they may change their mind.

What Girls Said 2

• Tell your boyfriend the truth and then take it from there.

• Try to talk more with them before present him to your parent. If not they will go balistic.