How big of a turnoff or deal breaker is it for a girl to not be well-travelled?

Say they want to travel more, but don't have the means to do so financially. It feels awkward when a guy is listing off all the places he's been to, and you can't add on to the conversation much.

Most Helpful Guy

• You travel much more in the pages of a book than you do with your feet.

In other words, just because you can not talk about your personal experiences, you can still be an engaged person in the conversation by asking about their account and talking about the experiences of people you have read about.

Travel books from the 1930's are good. Also, old National Geographics are good.

Most Helpful Girl

• That should never be a turn off or deal breaker if she hadn't traveled much because of financial issues

What Guys Said 19

• I grew up traveling with my family (my parents are immigrants from Europe) and had a passion for it. As a teen, I wanted a girlfriend with whom I could share my love of travel. I ended up marrying a woman who was not well traveled and have since seen a large portion of the world with her! So, for me, I loved being able to introduce her to it. She is now my equal in travel.

Good luck to you!

• I hate traveling, as I always seem to get sick, and feel horrible!! I like being home, and I ADORE the ones that love the close, intimacy, and being 'HOME'!!
    Just because someone travels a lot, and has gone places, doesn't mean they are a good 'fit' as a partner!!

• Not an issue.

Actually, I am more likely to be turned off if she is well traveled.

1. I like the idea of being able to go to new places and experience them for the first time together as a couple.

2. I think its common for single women who travel to hookup with random men in the different countries she visits.

• No one cares, seriously. Especially here in the US. The minute you start listing places off peoples start to glaze over. It's a weird to judge people honestly. I find people that love to travel, have never traveled. It's like saying your a fan of skydiving having never been.

• I really don't think it matters. Not a turn off or a deal breaker. I've been to like 14 countries so far so if a girl has never left her country it doesn't matter to me. If she can hold a conversation then it's okay.

Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• It's not a big deal, it just means I can experience new places through her eyes next that I may have been to already

• I would say it's almost a turn on. I love traveling and traveling with someone who you are dating at some point is great.

• I wouldn't care if she has traveled or not, but I love traveling so if she as long as she has some sort of interest in traveling, I'm game

• For me it depends on the circumstances: if she traveled the world on daddy's money it wouldn't impress me much, if she had to make her own way so understandably didn't have money to travel I won't hold it against her.

• I prefer them to not be 'well-traveled', since that's just code for "has ridden a lot of strange, exotic cock in far away places".

• As a world traveler myself, it's not a huge deal... but I would want someone who would go with me to places

• Nope. I like to travel when I have the funds / time to. She has to like doing that (I LOVE road trips).

• If you read books about different places, then you would have more to contribute to the conversation.

• I can definitely confirm that it's one of the most important, if not THE most important factor in a man's attraction to a girl.

• It's a bigger turn off if she is. Especially intercontinentally.

• Not a turnoff for guys. Women are impressed by well-traveled men and assume that the reverse is also true. It isn't.

• it can lead to conversation

• Uh no

• About zero

What Girls Said 1

• That would be the most idiotic, pretentious, and shallow reason to not date someone.