I am a virgin and in my first real relationship?

I am 20 years old and I have starting dating this 24 year old guy for like a month and a half and he has made it very clear that he wants a relationship with me. We have had the exclusive talk, but is he supposed to officially ask me to be his girlfriend or is it assumed? Also, when is he going to expect something physical to happen with us because I have never dealt with that before. He has never pressured me for anything and he is a good guy who respects me. Please help me with honest answers :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he should make it official, he has to make it clear. You shouldn't assume anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have not mentioned any of your feelings towards him. I think it is great if he officially asks you to be his girlfriend. If he doesn't but then talks to you about an exclusive relationship, I would casually say, "what you're asking for is a boyfriend girlfriend relationship. Is that true, is that what you'd like?
    Regarding a physical relationship I believe the most important thing to realize is that it is up to both of you. What do you want, how do you feel? There is no number of dates or length of time that dictates how close the two of you become physically. It is how you feel about each other. Let's take it one step further. It is how you feel. Emotional closeness must come before any physical relationship. That is the opposite of a guy's approach. But that's okay, it is your decision because it is a decision reached by both of you and you have 50% input. Once again I would like to know how you feel regarding this guy and the relationship.

I like him a lot. we just click an its so easy with him. I am just nervous about him wanting something physical when i am not ready. How do i know when i am ready to get physical? He's a really patient and understanding guy. I always imagined the first time to be with someone who loves me so is waiting til he tells me that a good idea? how long in a relationship until someone usually says i love you? I've never done this before haha

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to get serious, but don't rush it

What Girls Said 2

• he seems serious thats nice and do things at your own pace dont let him put pressure on you dear

• It's assumed. He already told you that he's serious about you.