Is this relationship common/fine?

So I'm an 18 year old HS senior and I have a girlfriend who's 17 years old and she's a junior. Next year I'll be a college freshman and she'll be a senior and the college is close to her. We are quite happy together but I wonder if this relationship has any kind of stigma. Seeing as I'll be in college, I'm not sure whether or not it would be strange or creepy seeing as she is in HS still. I am disturbed by the idea of much older guy going after HS girls and I don't want to be in that category. I know it's just a year difference but still, is this uncommon/strange due to me being in Uni?

What Girls Said 1

• There's nothing wrong with that. You're very close in age, one year is nothing. And this is common.

I just wonder as I am in uni and she is in HS. I know it's one year apart, but for example a 20 year old and 17 year old are 3 years apart, but still a 20 year old in my mind shouldn't be dating a girl in HS

You're 18, she's 17. She's a senior in HS, you're a freshman in college- it's not a big deal. If she were like 15 or younger, or even maybe 16 I'd be saying it's not a good idea but this time next year she'll be in college too. Do what makes you comfortable and happy, all I'm saying is there's no objective issue with it and most people wouldn't judge it.

What Guys Said 1

• Nah it's cool