Do you care how educated the person you date is?

Explain your choice in the comments.

• Yes, I graduated/will graduate from college, and I expect that my partner will have done the same.
  • No, I graduated/will graduate from college, but I do not care if my partner will have done the same.
  • I do not plan on graduating college, but prefer a partner that does/has already.
  • I do not plan on graduating college, nor do I care if my partner does/has already.

Most Helpful Guy

• Formally educated no, intelligent yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not plan on graduating college, nor do I care if my partner does/has already. I even prefer if he doesn't go at all in a college. I don't like how people in college are. They always think they're better than the rest of people and treat them bad.

What Guys Said 11

• I just care that they're a sensible and smart person - if they didn't go to college then that's not that much of a problem.

• Yes, it's a non-negotiable demand for me. The smart ones who didn't graduate college are almost always lazy or completely undisciplined, or have the attention span of a goldfish.

I just don't get how many educated, accomplished men are so desperate they place no demands on women, not even for serious relationships. And in turn this makes many young women incredibly spoiled and lazy.

• I can already see how this poll is going to end up. Women want a man equal or more educated well men don't care. For all the generalized stuff about women caring about personality more the truth is they are just as picky... they just care about different stuff.

• I voted B, but I'd prefer her to be college-educated. It's just not a deal breaker if she isn't.

Now, if she's a high school dropout and never got her GED or similar, then it's most likely not going to work out.

• I need them to be smart. This is not the same thing as having letters after their name.

• I have a degree but have no concerns about my potential partner's education

• I care how smart they are and if they continue to learn. I don't care if they went to college.

• Being educated helps, but it's more about being smart and their attitude on things that really counts. Just because someone has a doctorate's degree doesn't mean they're inherently smart or someone without a college degree is inherently dumb.

• I dont really care about education, but do care about her interests in life. If she's just interested into sleeping/watching tv/drinking coffee with her friends, then It's a bit of a turnoff for me.

• yeah i do care

• Yeah the girl I date has to be a high school dropout I love manipulating these dumb bitches

What Girls Said 12

• I graduated college but my husband did not and he makes good money and has a great career so I don't care

• Formal education, not really. Knowledge and skill set, absolutely. Not everyone is cut out for university, and I am fine with that. As long as they make reasonably intelligent choices and can hold a conversation, I am good with that.

• You don't have to graduate college to be intelligent. I'm in college myself, but if my boyfriend isn't, I won't mind, as long as he is still intelligent, witty, bright. I know plenty of people who are educated/intelligent and who didn't go to college, just as much as I know people who are in college and who are as dumb as a rock. That being said, I voted A.

• umm.. it depends.. if a guy is street smart.. and has a good career.. he has his shit together than no it won't matter.. but I won't like to be with someone who's a high school dropout and is generally dumb

• I have a bachelor's but my parents don't have the same educational level and they've been married over 30 years. My mother has a bachelor's and my dad only has a high school education, but they're very successful. I care more about the person than the piece of paper they earned.

• Yeah I will graduate from uni and except the same from my man. It's a deal breaker otherwise.

• no i care about his willingness, abililty to think, but not his formal education.

• As long as he is successful and has a plan and is ambitious then I'm cool with it even if he dropped out of college or never attended.

• Of course, if all shit collapses you'll need skills to help.

The kind of skills that will stay (or become) relevant in a situation where "all shit collapses" have nothing at all to do with post-secondary education.

In fact, the people whose living depends the most on their degrees will be the MOST fucked in an actual survival situation.

@redeyemindtricks I was thinking more, if all shit collapses in their country and they have to start from scratch elsewhere. Education sort of defines your worth. Like my parents attribute their success in America to their education level which is masters for both:

eh, maybe. I mean, I'm admittedly biased on this one, because I'm a college dropout who wishes I hadn't even wasted the 1.5 years I DID spend in college... so, there's that.

But, empirically... Of the successful Americans I know who came from war-torn or economically fucked countries, I'd say solidly 95 percent are small-business owners whose formal education has absolutely nothing at all to do with their success.

Ironically, I'm gna go ahead and say that the reason so many of those guys HAVE been successful here, is that way way way too many native-born Americans are single-mindedly obsessed with going to college and getting white-collar jobs -- leaving the market WIDE open for anyone with any business sense (or trade skills) to succeed as a small business owner.

• I do care a bit but rather than his degrees, it's more about whether he's passionate about something

• Yes, I do. :/
    I may be 14, but when I get older that is going to matter. :/

• I will graduate from college in 2 years but for me its not important if the person i date is educated as i am or not. I just want him to do something with his life, to have goals, dreams etc