Girls, would you use a guy just to get a "Plus One" to your friend's wedding?

Your friend's wedding is coming up in a few weeks, but you don't have a date.

You've been seeing a guy for awhile but realize you're not that into it. Would you still ask him to be your date to the wedding, and then just end things with him right after the wedding? Basically would you go to a wedding with someone you're not interested in just to avoid going solo?

How serious, or how much would you have to like a guy to ask him as your date to a wedding?

2mo Just some context: We were seeing each other for a few months, chemistry was 10/10, totally clicked. She asked me to the wedding during our 4th date, which seemed a little soon to be going to a wedding together but nevertheless I agreed to go. So we're at the wedding a few weeks later, introduces me to a bunch of her friends. It's obvious she wants everyone to know she's with me, she didn't let go of my hand the whole night. 3 days later she calls me and ends it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't do this, I think it's mean and hella awkward, especially if you know a lot of people who will be at the wedding. If I didn't have a boyfriend, I would just ask a friend to go with me.

Weddings can also be fun if you go solo, especially if there will be single guys there that I could meet.

I don't think asking a friend (as long as I would just ask them as a friend) to go as my date is a problem. But I wouldn't take a guy that thinks we're dating and introduce him to everyone only to dump him after the wedding. That to me is really mean.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, I wouldn't just invite a random person. Too many people would see us and ask later who she was, when our wedding will be or why I don't bring her to some other event. Especially since normally there is normally an "official" photo with all family members and their spouses.
    It can be even awkward with real spouse when those photos are hanging at your aunts house and already broke up and someone mentions the photo or shows it to other people.
    So I would only bring someone serious/dating for at least several weeks.

What Girls Said 26

• Nah, if I'm not into him then why would I want to spend 5 hours at a supposed to be fun party with him? Plus you have to RSVP to weddings at least a few weeks before they actually happen so they can plan the seating and food and whatnot, so if I already knew I wasn't into him then, I wouldn't expect myself to be any more into him a few weeks later at the wedding, so I'd just cut it off. But things would be pretty serious if I was asking him to come to a wedding, because that's where A LOT of friends are, AND their families.

• I'd only consider taking someone to a wedding I was serious about, honestly. Weddings are often attended by family, friends etc. so the plus one would get to meet everyone. If I were to dump them directly after the wedding, it would just seem like I wasted the attendees' time introducing them to my plus one, and wasted the time of my plus one.

Not only that, but I think it's rude to bring along some random person who has no real interest in the couple that's marrying. It's supposed to be a special occasion shared by LOVE ones.

• No, I always end up just going solo. People always tell me I have to bring a date, and I don't understand why. It's someone else's wedding, it's not a dating event. One of the weddings my mom even went as far as trying to set me up with someone. The reason I am at the wedding is to support the friend or family member are their day. It's not a day for me to bring a date to. So I don't get that attitude whatsoever. It's not just family members or friends, but people even expect this if I am invited to a co-workers wedding. The last wedding I didn't even end up going to because they were all pressuring me too much.

So unless I am serious with a guy, which is doubtful because I never have and likely never will be serious with someone, I will not invite him to a wedding.

• I'd go alone if you aren't sure about the guy yet. Unless your clear they will be introduced as a friend.

• I wouldn't do that to a guy I wasn't that into. If I'm bringing him to a wedding, potentially where my family and/or friends are, I have to really see potential there.

• I have never Nader stood the point in bringing some rando to a wedding that you're not in a meaningful relationship with... that's dumb.

When we get married we are not putting plus 1s on the invitations. People's partners will be invited by name.

• I'd have to actually like him to invite him to the wedding. Too many awkward questions from friends at said wedding - I wouldn't want to have to answer dishonestly!

• Kind of. I'd ask him but before asking him I'd specify we would be going as friends and I don't know how it would turn out afterwards. I'd only use a guy if I was desperate and going to a wedding is not a situation that would make me desperate.

• I would just ask him to come with me, not as anything but a date.

• Why not just take a friend or family member instead of someone you don't even want to be around. Like seriously, what kind of person would even do that?

• I don't have to know him long if it's just for one night. I would even take a stranger with me so we both can have wedding free food hahha

• no dumb

• No I wouldn't have him come because if I am not interested in him enough to want to continue seeing him then why would I want to spend my time with him at a wedding dancing and partying? If I like him I like him and if I don't I don't.

• No. I wouldn't

• Do you ever go to a wedding and see a hot guy, but then your aunt comes and she's like " hey met your cousin..." And I'm like " fuck it always happens", but nah I don't need a partner for a wedding

• I'll just take a good friend with me. Over here inviting someone to a wedding is a serious deal so I'd rather not invite someone I don't see as boufriend material.

• Go with a friend.

• No. I wouldn't use someone for any reason. I'd rather go by myself and possibly meet a guy there.

• Nope
    I would not use him

• Kind of. I mean if the guy is not smart enough too see through my intentions.

• how does inviting a friend mean that i'm using him?

• No, i could easily invite a friend if i needed a plus one

• I would invite him if I liked him but if I wasn't into him I would tell him, then maybe go as friends

• No, that's mean. I wouldn't mind going alone, my friends are pretty used to that idea.

• No I wouldn't. i could potentially miss out on my feature mate or not but no. lol

• I wouldn't because I would feel like I am using the poor thing. Weddings suck and I think it would suck even more going with someone I don't even like. I would be like a mini-personal hell made up of white, flowers, and my own personal demon that I decided to drag along with me. I'd rather suffer alone.

What Guys Said 8

• Well if it gets you a OnePlus One invitation then sure why not

cdn04.androidauthority.net/.../...ress-shots-3.jpg

• Unless you tell him that up front, it's very bad behavior. Once you decide that you are not going to stay in a relationship, you should end it immediately. Tell this guy that it's not working, and then ask another guy you know. Or else just go alone. There will be single guys there for you to meet.

• why dont women just go alone to a wedding? there's plenty of single men at a wedding.

• This could be a good time to escalate things. I did it once. We were mutually attracted to each other for years, but she was taken. They split close to the wedding, she asked me to be her +1 and I went. I was my best, met her family, and they loved me. We have had our ups and downs over the years, but we are currently still together and that evening is still talked about frequently by her. It made a very deep impression no regular date ever could.

• At least have sex with him. It has to be equal. I would go with you if you give me ass or money. Period.

I agree with this! If she wants me to go to a wedding, I'm at least getting a blowjob that morning.

@Regular1 ain't nothing free in this world. I value my time. She better give more than head at least.

• Of course they would lol. Girls do that all the time. A girl will always keep a boyfriend around the holidays Christmas and such, valentines and around her birthday but will dump her soon after with reasons that are bull but of course will make sure to dump him before her boyfriend's birthday so she doesn't have to get a gift. A girl will never turn up to a wedding without a plus one and will string a guy along for months until then and then dump.

• Well never been to a wedding and I plan to never go

• if you ever watched big bang theory, stuart once asked penny to be his date to his cousins wedding. she was going with leonard at the time by going i mean, in a relationship with, but, well, she cost sheldon a meeting with stan lee, so, she was able to get stan's address from stuart, in exchange for her being his date, i think she made stuart promise that she'd get to bring leonard along and that stuart would get to say leonard was her cousin, not her boyfriend.