Why do most parent tell their daughter to not date black guys?

As a black guy myself, I find it so annoying, because every time I ask a girl out they say "I only date within my race because my parents"

Most Helpful Girl

• Its such a ignorant thing to teach children, my daughter is free to who she is attracted to or fall in love with, so is my son... I can not play god and decide there fate for them while I can encourage many things in there lives, who they fall in love with is none of my business... race does play a huge role in the world we live in lets be honest its all over no matter where your at who your around or what social media site your on, but I let my children form there own opinions and encourage them to realize everyone is equal.. so rather they choose to marry someone purple orange black white yellow pink I dont care... the only thing I seriously pray is they dont bring someone home covered in piercings head to toe... I want to be able to at least question there intentions with out laughing ridiculously

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. While my daughter chose to only date white guys, it was never any position I enforced upon her. She was free to date and bring home whomever she wanted, regardless of rage, gender, and in some cases, age. I live in the US south where societal pressures are often put upon a couple and their families if they do anything considered outside the 'norm'.. But I'm already pissing off the fundie Bible thumpers by being an atheist, so I really never gave a shit what people thought here.

What Girls Said 11

• My grandma told me not to date black, white and Asian. 😅 Anything that's out of my ethnicity is out of the question for her. My grandma is kinda racist when it comes to marriages..
    My father never talked to me about dating/marriage.
    My mom is not 100% against interracial relationship as long as he's a good Muslim but she told me it's better if I marry someone of my ethnicity because it is better to have kids who look like me and the father.

Did you follow their opinion? Or u did follow your own path and would date any guy no matter the race as long as you connect with him?

At first I thought I will do as I wish, but now I want to follow what they want.
      I will date any race as long as he's Muslim , but I am somehow sure I will end up married to an Arab (he could be black).

• Some are racist, some don't want the extra drama that is involved, either way it's up to her. Expecially if she is over 18. If she's over 18 it just sounds like a lame excuse. At some point you have to live your own life.

• Because most Americans are racist even if they won't admit it.

• My parents told me that because they're racist.

But would you date a black man someday?

Of course. I'm already dating a guy they hate (he's white though), I don't see why I wouldn't continue that streak :P

• Lol even my parents said that about African American guys. It's the stereotype that y'all are "thugs" or something. Idgaf though 😍

• I had that same still be told to me as a little girl to the pin I was suoer racist. Yeah I was a butthole until I started to learn what I was told was wrong and I became friends with guys and girls who where black and started to know they are good people as well. I'm even dating a guy who's black now because I really like him and he treats me well so what my dad thinks doesn't matter anymore because I'm happy

• My parents would be surprised, and it would be out of their comfort zone I guess. But they would be okay as long as he is a good Christian.

You look pretty by the way!

• My dad told me not to date... didn't say anything about race.

If you are 14, then yes, i think this is not a good age to be around guys that all they want is just nut

• Lol. I've never heard of this ever

• My dad told me not to date Haitians guys though 😂😂

• lol I've never heard someone actually say that.

Are you sure? Where you from?

What Guys Said 12

• My parents don't care about the ethnicity of race of a person as long as they're a good person and follow Christ/God.

• Because once you go black, you never go back

• yeah they preach that out in the country to stick to your kind, city girls are the opposite though its repulsive, too much liberalism.

It's how we were raised, there's reasons behind it but I don't wanna go down that route.

• Right though. Its hard out here.

• wtf?

I hate these black and white discussions! Why do these always pop up. Why does it have to be balck this and white that, why can't it be person A did this and person B did that. Why always black and white black and white grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Because they're racist

• Cuz most parents assume that black guys are disrespectful, uneducated, or abusive.

• I don't know, apparently I missed the memo to do this.

I'm white as fuck, and my eldest daughter's first crush (that I'm aware of) is on a black guy.

A black video-game nerd. Like her. Well except for being a he, and black.

• Because blacks are a plague on society :^)

But seriously, I don't know. Most parents I mean still have skewed views of the world. Buncha idiots if you ask me

• because there is an epidemic of black children growing up without a father.

• No they probably just know theit parents would be disappointed if they did