Controlling boyfriend or not?

My boyfriend has instagram & facebook. I have them also including snapchat. He almost makes it seem like he doesn't like me having these things but it is okay for him. He doesn't want other guys talking to me & vice versa EVEN if its platonic. Although I understand where he's coming from boundary wise, its just confusing because he is a constant cheater but absolutely obsessed with what I do now that I'm becoming more independent. He even admitted to me that he drove past my house just to see if I was home (I was very sick & had came home from the hospital that day!!) he has once put his hands on me (not as severe as the stories i've read on here) but it happened. Would this be considered controlling or possesive over me? I read that someone can get addicted to you but in an unhealthy way.

What Guys Said 1

• If it's his first full-fledged relationship then be extremely cautious..
    otherwise he's yes a controlling type..
    And about the pitting hand on you part? I'm confused what you mean by that? If you're not comfortable with your guy you should break up
    Please explain the situation a little more

What Girls Said 2

• Get out now. My ex was like this and he was super controlling and manipulative. You shouldn't be with someone who treats you that way. Driving by your house to make sure you're home is crazy. Leave him before it gets worse

• Sounds like it could be