My car broke down while on a date? I'm embarrassed? Should I try again?

Okay so I asked out my coworker. We were starting to get to know each other and so I asked her out on a date for dinner. We both dressed well. I wore a tie and opened the door for her. She didn't say anything about my car because it's really old. 1985 toyota 4runner with a little over 300k miles... As we were leaving and having a good time and then on the freeway my tire went flat. So I changed it with a spare and then my battery died because I left my radio on with the car off along with my headlights. I felt like an idiot but I was just really shy I guess. So I called my mom and she picked us up and took us to our date while my 1985 4Runner stayed behind on the side of the freeway with a dead battery.

Yes it took me a while to change the tire because I didn't have a good jack and the car is hard to lift because it's a little high off the ground. Ehhhhhh

Here's my car that decided to have a flat tire. Maybe my car doesn't like my date? A sign?

Most Helpful Guy

• when I saw it was a 4runner, I was thinking... no way..4runners rule! I own one...

yes, do it. she's either understanding or she isn't, there is nothing you can do about that.

What Girls Said 8

• Try again, shit happens and hopefully she's cool and understands that. Brush it off, make a joke about it, and ask her out again to go on a date where you promise your mom won't drive you guys again lol.

• I say try again! That would have made me laugh so hard, (I mean it sucks for you truck) but I feel like we would have been making so many jokes. Ask her again. I would say yes.

• My first date with my boyfriend of 3 years went like that. We hung out and his truck died while we were on the road. I thought it was interesting, I got to spend more time with him and got a pizza after. So hey go with the flow I guess? Im sure she will understand and will go out with you again.

• Coworkers I usually advise not to date, maybe it was a sign

If she's a good sport she shouldn't look down on your fender bender

• Just see how she rolls with it. Sometimes the best showing of character is when things aren't going right.

• You poor thing. Shit happens. Try again.

• This is definitely not a deal breaker. If anything, if she really likes you, she might be happy she got to spend a little bit more time with you. Also, she might even find this amusing, in a good way. If a girl is turned off by this, she is too shallow and not worth it. Ask her out on another date!

• Try again if she let's you, if it was actually a deal breaker for her she's shallow for only wanting a wealthy guy with nice cars

What Guys Said 13

• i would try again. This happened to me before a long time ago. the car just started hesitating before it died. apparently i blew a fuse because the car door motor went out. i have no idea how that would effect the engine but it did lol. anyways we never hung out again and i found out through the grapevine that she got pregnant a few months later. i lucked out.

• Why do you have such a high maintenance, undependable vehicle?

• Like most things. If it's not too extreme, if you don't make it a big deal then it won't be a big deal. How you feel about what happened matters more than what actually happened.

• Yeah man that's pretty embarrassing. My advice is to not harp on it. Don't make it awkward.

by the way looks like the truck that Marty McFly comes back to in Back-to-the-Future. Those trucks aren't cheap even 30 years later.

• My car died while on a bootycall back in the day. She didn't care though. If she's any decent she's not going to look down on you for your bad luck... But maybe it's time for an upgrade.

• Those 4Runners are sweet. But aren't you the same guy that grenaded your car on the freeway by not tightening the oil plug? I could be wrong. About the girl if she let you try again go for it but if she's being shallow fuck it.

I put oil in it and it's fine

Oh that's good to hear. You need an off-road jack. And a roof rack with a gas take and a light bar. That thing is sick she'll take care of you as long as you take care of her.

• Honestly looks like a wannabe Bronco 😜 haha
    You have to try again. Thats your only option.

• Hahaha nah man don't worry as long as you have a vehicular is all game from there.. have it clean tho... inside and out

• Yes, of course.
    It has nothing to do with you're vehicle. Focused on the wrong things.

• Take another car.

• happen to me once

• Lmao 😂😂😂😂 thank you a lot for the laugh bruh, try again

• its still a good looking car , the 300Xmiles is definity an issue , a lot of things start to go wrong after that point on a vehicle and this might not be the end of them.
    I don't think the tire going flat once is a deal breaker but if it happens again and again it might start to become a problem