My girlfriend and I had a fight when she sent a pic of herself. I told her she looks great. but didn't say the right things help?

I haven't ever had a real relationship so I get burned on all the stuff of not to say Or to say. It really makes me frustrated cause everybody is like well you should already know how to do this. And I'm like your life is different.

So so I told her she looked fine, she tells me how sorry she is for wearing a crappy shirt and I'm like your good I love seeing you your fine. She just kept on and I was like well the shirt was like you said not the best. wasn't downing on how she looked physically just said the shirt looks nice just not the best she looks good in. She was was so mad and got into a argument that I thought my ex girlfriends looked better than her and I was like really? I tried my best to get her to understand she beats them by far but she wouldn't even here that and on so many levels. I don't know. I feel handicapped on relationships god I almost hate dating it fucking sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• OK let's take a step back to realize that "fine" spoken to a woman means "men" (a. k. a. not the best, possibly below average even). It's the word she uses when you had an argument and you ask how she is. She says "fine" when you far know well that she isn't.

Now her bringing up her ex means she is more on the insecure side (which is more on her self-confidence and might not even do anything with you). But she projects this by comparing herself so that she can get affirmation from you to assure her she is beautiful despite the clothes she wears.

The T-shirt or whatever could look hideous on your girlfriend, but just let her know that she is still gorgeous no matter what and you love her for who she is. The looks are just a bonus. :) make sure if you say this that it is really true soshe knows it is coming from your heart.

Good luck, the first relationship you learn a lot... Especially communication. It just makes you a better person and an even better boyfriend :)

"Fine" means "Meh"

Thanks, I've tried. After she said it wasn't a good shirt I said baby I love you your fine 😘 That's how I said it.

Most Helpful Guy

• might be on her time of the month. they tend to get emotional at those times, and feel bloated and fat. best way to go about this, is to just simply listen to her. she's probably got stuff on her mind, she'd like to get off her chest, and just wants to vent. let her know that you're there for her. you don't NEED to talk back, she just wants an ear

That's true could be

What Girls Said 1

• Did you say that your ex girlfriend looked better then her? At all?

She probably feels insecure and needs that reassurance from you that she isn't in hat same "line" with your ex girlfriend. She wants to know she's special. I know you can't read her mind, just next time be generous with your compliments. Using the word "fine" to a girl is just a no.

Yes she told me that my ex looked better than her and that's where I fucked up was after she said that. Cause I was like well not all beauty is on the outside cause my ex cheated on me. So she was like you think your ex looks better than me I was omg felt like I can't win in convincing her she looks better than her. 🙄

Ok, thanks. That helps.

All good

What Guys Said 4

• You would have to tell her to walk out of the room, think about how silly her claim is and then come back when she's done with her nonsense tantrum

• She has insecurities. Sometimes a guy needs to lie and say "you look amazing" or "that pants or dress does not make you look fat/chubby"

• She has issues.

• Sounds like she is some insecure nut-job!! Get rid of her now, or suffer later!!!