Do you care how much your SO makes?

Pretty straightforward question, assuming they had a job

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

When I love someone, I love them for who they are... not how much they make. As long as he finds a way to support himself, I do not care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not. You're both working together as a united pair to share the experiences of life, both good and bad. It shouldn't matter which of you is making more or less. Just be happy and enjoy the good fortune.

What Girls Said 11

• Obviously yes. If he makes nothing, or very little, combined with what I make - we're never going to make it... If I were rich, I could care less, but I need my SO to make as much as I do (which is not much, but not minimum either) so we can literally survive without having to live off of our parents our entire lives. It's not fair to our parents...

• Really couldn't give two shits. Would only matter if we had kids, and as long as we both have enough to support them its all good.

• Well it depends. If we're both working and earning at least minimum wage then no I don't care that much. If we decide to have kids and he wants to stay at home to care for them for a few year and we can get by with my earnings then I don't mind him earning nothing.

• Yes... If he makes money it proves he independent.

• I don't mind typically unless he expects me to support both of us and isn't actively looking for work.

• Not really, as long as they can financially support themselves.

• i do not care

• As long as they have a job I'm good.

• Nah, as long as you pay me attention it's all good

• I already know how much he makes and I don't care.

• generally i'd prefer someone who earns about as much as i do, if they earn less but we have the same lifestyle i would have to pay for them i guess -> sugar mama -> not sure if they like me for myself or for the lifestyle you enable them
    also, i would not live on someone else's money, so i wouldn't feel that comfortable if a richer guy always paid for something

What Guys Said 10

• As long as she's making enough to support herself relatively comfortably, I really don't care. The only real exceptions are if she has to find a new job or is starting her own business and she's pretty strapped

• As long as they could support themselves, and in the future start a family if wanted, nope. I would love if the had a career, because it seems like I might not get a decent one. I am trying to start a business though, so we'll see where that goes

• Not really.

• If I constantly had to pay for her shit, then yes I would care. If not, then I don't care at all.

In a healthy relationship we should both be making enough to support ourselves individually.

• It's kinda important so that you can plan things

• Money is boring. A necessity, but innately boring.

• Nope

• Yes, I want her to make a lot!!! That way we can match.

• As long as she's working and not a couch potato I'm happy.

• Of course I care. I'm not going to fully support ANYBODY except for myself, not even an SO.. I don't believe that a man has to get sucked dry by a woman financially.