How to best approach 30 day no contact with a man?

A very serious love interest and I had a falling out. I am trying to move on but my mind keeps going back to him so I am going to give the no contact rule a try and maybe use that time for him to process his head as well.

One ne of the very first things I learned about no contact rule is that once the 30 days is up, it would be advantageous to send him a quick happy memory text without any sort of reply attached to it. While on another, it says to ask him for help of some sort to make the man feel like a hero. The proposed suggested something like "I could really use your help with something".

men, what would be the best approach in your opinion for the first message to him after 30 days of no contact?

Most Helpful Guy

• How about rather than setting a time limit, just wait until he contacts you? Then in 30 days if you not heard anything, drop him a line? If he is interested in you, you won't be waiting 30 days..

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you certain that he hasn't moved on yet?
    Because after 30 days, it's quite possible that he has...

What Guys Said 5

• Well, waiting 30 days *could* be a bit much. We would really need to know a bit more about the person that you can't really give us an objective opinion on, but make it an odd number. 30 days is right on the money and it will be obvious what you are doing (I've had someone doing this to me). Wait a week or two, and send him a happy memory like you suggested. Don't go for the help gig. If I don't speak to a girl in 30 days and she messages me asking for help, then unless she is a friend and was never anything more I will feel as if she is using me and deny her that help.

• If your desire is to have this person removed from your life, then the no contact rule is a good approach.

If your desire is to repair the relationship you had with this person, then the no contact rule will be a dismal failure. It always has been and it always will be.

I want him in my life. How should I proceed then?

I did write that MyTake motivated by this question.
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a31342-why-the-no-contact-rule-won-t-get-your-ex-back

I want to reiterate: if you are the one who is initiating the no contact, then there's a good chance you will lose him.

If it works out for you though I would love to know about it and would be happy for you.

• They're both wrong. You're broken up. It didn't work and it never will. Get over him and move on

• this no contact thingy is bullshit. i doubt it works on any man.

• 30 days is way too much. I can understand waiting a few days or a week tops but 30 days means it's pretty much done if neither person contacts.

What Girls Said 0