Is it wrong to sleep with your boyfriend in college?

my boyfriend and I are 21. We've been dating for a year.

We have a long distance relationship and he is coming up to visit me.

I currently live live with my older sister and her husband and attending university nearby.

I'm excited to see my boyfriend and when I mentioned it to my sister she said we couldn't sleep together and that he would have to sleep downstairs on a air mattress. She said she's doing it because she doesn't believe in sleeping together before getting married and she's just trying to give me advice.

Im upset because I personally don't believe in that. I feel like I am old enough to do what I want. Even if I regret it, that's on me. I don't like being told what to do because it makes me feel like I'm in high school still.

I am almost fully supporting myself. I pay for rent, food, gas, and my parents pay for my tuition.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think its wrong to sleep with your boyfriend if your in college and in a relationship with him , however you are living at your sisters house and I could understand why they wouldn't want you bringing guys home and having sex with them there , its just not really the right place for that. I also don't know how close the rooms are to each other and potential noise and other issues such as shared bathrooms

What Guys Said 7

• I don't agree with your sister either but it's her house and rules. Get a motel

• You're sounding like a child with rattling off your qualifications as an adult. Your family can't control your sex life, but they don't have to facilitate it.

My point being is that I am mature. I have a job, I go to school, I pay rent, but I can't sleep with my boyfriend? I believe am mature enough to be able to make choices for myself.

Why do you feel the need to convince me? I'm nobody to you, nor are the rest of these chums. Point is, your sister doesn't want you having sex in her house.

No. She's not mad about having sex. She feels the need to parent me and teach me what's right and wrong. If I moved out and did it, she would still be doing the same thing.

• Why would it be "wrong" he is your boyfriend for a reason

• It's not wrong at all, you do what you want and your sister has nothing to do with your decisions.

• Sounds like you have a evil controlling sister. Tell her it's your life not hers.

• Tell your sister to back off. You do not want to be her sheep. Plus he's your boyfriend not hers.

• What you do under your sisters roof is her business. You should respect her opinion. But, I suggest you rent a room for the weekend.

What Girls Said 7

• But your still in your sister's house that is her rules. If you don't want to follow those rules then you have the choice to move out or deal with it. It doesn't matter if you pay for the rent, food and everything else. Either way, if your parents find out you did something like that with your LDR boyfriend, you can get in serious trouble if they don't like it. Even if they would agree, your sister doesn't. Don't do something to the point your left on your own to pay for the rest of your tuition, room and board. I agree with your sister about that choice, but at the same time, this is not about you being mature. This is not maturity based on age and what you do. Its responsibility and acknowledging sound advice when given. You respectfully disagree not complain. Complaining is still signs of maturity. You don't make that call. Others do. At 21 I did not behave like you did, and those who I knew that did, didn't get too far in life like they thought they would. I'm saying you're like this, but you are still under their roof. That is the obligation you have to adhere to, or be prepared to find another place to stay. Again, that is simply your choice.

• I had my 1st son when I was 21, go for it

• Why would it be wrong

• Nope I Don't So.

• no not at all

• I don't think that it is wrong because your are adults. But as its her house and you are living with her and her husband , you should respect her rules

• her house her rules. ur not fully supporting urself if ur living in her house