What is the average of guys that women date between the age of 20 and 25?

Its hard to tell, but im just wondering how many guys does a girl usually dates between those ages.

Reason why i ask is because i have a few friends that are 21, 22, 23 and 24 years old and they all say they want their next boyfriend to be the one they want to marry. And i want to prove them that the chances of marrying their first or second or even their 3rd boyfriend are very small.

• 1 - 3
  • 4 -6
  • 7+

Most Helpful Girl

• The chances of marying one of your first 3 boyfriends is much higher than if you go around seeking new partners all the time.

Most people tie the knot after high school or in college or right after college...
    So that's from 1st to 3rd most likely.

A random kiss at a bar doesn't count as a relationship.

Hmm yea that makes sense. Maybe the average is 1 - 3 if we only take serious relationships. I usually count any type of relationship that lasted at least 6 months since the age of 18 or 19.

What Girls Said 1

• The amount of guys I've seriously pursued would fall in the 1-3 category. I've had 2 relationships at 20 and 21 but neither of them were significant. I'm now in my very first serious relationship and am 22. After those 2 relationships when I was 20 and 21 I told myself that the next guy I go for will be a guy I can see myself settling down with and I waited till I met that guy :)

Why were those first 2 relationships not significant?

It wasn't serious. I didn't last long. There were problems and warning signs from the start that it wasn't mean to be.

What Guys Said 1

• A better question is why are you trying to prove this to them? I mean my ex was 19 when we got together and we were together for 10 years. In some states we would have been technically married. Sometimes you just meet the right person, its quite random honestly.

I agree. It is random but there's also many people who unfortunately dont find the right person the first 3 attempts. I just want to prove my friend that its not always the very furst persin you date that you are ginna be with the rest of your life, hard to say which boyfriend or girlfriend will be the one to marry if you are lucky it will be the first or second if your not then it'll be your 3rd 4th or 5th. Who knows.
      By thr way, congrats! Thats amazing that you found your girlfriend when you were 19. Me too. Unfortunately, it didn't work out after 5 years sobwe ended the relationship.

Ours ended as well, hence my "ex" lol. She was 19, I had a shit load of girlfriends before that, and a lot after. Its impossible to prove anything its all totally random. Someone might marry their first boyfriend they had when they were 14, someone might never get married ever or have a relationship last longer than a year. There no way to make this scientific.

Oops missed that "ex" part. My bad. Yea thats true i guess it is very random. Thanks for the comment though!