What went wrong, I refused to pay full price for dinner with girl, and she had major feminist freak out, why?

I never pay full price for dinner for dates, the only time in my life that I did was my first girlfriend, but besides that, this girl and I scheduled a date together I didn't ask her out but we just came to the idea together of going out, the problem comes up about paying and she has a major feminist freak out/melt down on me, and goes on this rant of my male privilege etc and how I should pay the whole thing because I most likely earn more money since I'm a man, yadadada, and yes this was in the restaurant in front of everybody, the embarassment was real for me, never felt my face get so red before, needless to say, I get up and walk out and block her number and all contact, was I in the wrong not to pay the whole thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

Please don't think she represents all feminists. She's just a crazy girl.

What Girls Said 10

• First of all, I hope you realize that not all feminists are like this. There are feminists in the world who work hard for what they have despite living in a society that favors white males, but they appreciate the fact that you are treating them just like everyone else, like a human. She sounds like a "feminist" who wants the benefits of an equal society as well as those of the traditional patriarchy, AKA not really a feminist, in my opinion. It is important, though, for both of you to recognize your privilege and how much work there is to be done to reach equality for all genders and races.

Secondly, although not traditional, it's your right to only pay for your meal. And as long as you did it politely, I don't think you've done anything wrong. It's also her right to be frustrated or annoyed by that, but she certainly should not have yelled in the restaurant in front of everyone. I think if she disliked the fact that she had to pay for her meal so much, she should have just paid for it and never gone on a date with you again. That's so much easier and more polite than humiliating someone in a restaurant.

Lastly, sometimes it's ok for you to treat a girl. My ex and I used to treat each other to dinner all the time and it was perfect. Sometimes we would split the tab and sometimes one of us would grab the whole thing. I thought it worked out just fine. Maybe next time, she can treat you. Obviously not this girl, though. Maybe the next one...

Also, just to clarify, feminists are not just women. There are plenty of male feminists in the world who support equality (not superiority, equality) for women.

@snowangle you know what I will after I give you Mho xD

Heyooo! 😉

• Just be thankful you discovered early on that she expects to be " wined & dined" She obviously took it for granted that you should foot the bill. You didn't do anything wrong.

• You did good dude. She was completely overreacting with her rant. I'm glad to hear you just got up and left. Blocked her number to

• No, you were right. I don't know why some girls expect guys to do everything for them.

Yea she was like a screeching banshee, never seen anything like it, I always thought guys were goofing around about girls like that but this chick was 100% serious, it was pretty disturbing.

She is ruining her chances, period. Even if she has the prettiest face, the most amazing body and is simply super hot, this is a real turn off. Everyone wants to be treated equally. I'd imagine some girls would give the guy a slap if he would treat her not as an equal and with disrespect.

Just a bit of clarification - This would be true if he didn't invite her out and it was more of a lets go out. The difference is marginal, but crucial, don't you think?

@Fightingspirit Yes, that's true. I just assumed you were on a date because you said "I never pay full price for dinner for dates"

• Nothing wrong with going dutch

• It wasn't wrong but think about this, maybe she didn't have the money, or maybe yeah she's a "feminist", did you tell her in the beginning about the whole "you pay, I pay" thing? You should have 😂

Isn't that taking it for granted? Leaving gender aside, is that the right thing to be doing from a human perspective?

I mean I would probably take the bill, but I don't think anyone wants to be taken for granted - man, woman, child, it doesn't matter.

@Fightingspirit true, and now that I think about it, a feminist would have payed for her meal, so she's not a feminist

• that sounds like a very embarrassing situation

• Silly cow

• You made the right decision.

• First of all, she was obviously wrong for what she did, however, YOU are wrong for coming on here and claiming what she did is a feminist freak out, since you have no clue what a feminist is or what one would do in this situation. A true feminist would do the exact opposite of how you described the woman you were with and would want to offer to pay the pill or at least pay half. What she did was a shitty thing, not a feminist freakout like you claim.

What Guys Said 14

• In situations like this where the thing being argued over is small, your first priority should be to avoid making a scene, even if you think the other person is being completely unreasonable. So I think you should have just paid the check and written it off to a lesson learned. Anyway, I'm wondering what you mean when you say "This girl and I scheduled a date together". I'm doubtful that you "scheduled a date together". One of you had to speak first, and somehow I'm guessing it's you. If you suggested meeting for dinner, then you should have planned to pay for it. That's the convention. The person proposing is the person who pays. Then you can worry about what's going to happen the next time.

• No bro.. It ain't your fault.. Feminism sucks.. Meninism Forever xD

• No, you did the right thing, dude. Screw that hypocritical deluded cow.

• im proud of u blue Anonymous guy :p :>

• You were right and you got lucky she showed her true nature so quickly.

• Did she stomp her feet? lol

• You did good bro. You did good.

• Lmao. Feminist gon feminist.. let her get all triggered.

• "I get up and walk out " good man!

• No she was wrong to react that way
    Gives womena bad name

• She's a bitch. She sld pay for what she ate, end of story

• cool story.

• Fellas, STAY AWAY FROM FEMINIST!!!
    Those girls are crazy af..

• People are trash, there are too many of them, and this safe peaceful world has only made them worse.