Is a 22 year old too old for an 18 year old girl?

Let me know

• Yes
  • No
  • See poll

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not. You guys are only 4 years apart.

If I were to stary dating a girl now, is it too late to say that we grew up together in the event we were to get married or have a relationship that would last years?

It's not even important that you grew up together prior to the marriage in my opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all. You see, the neural hardwiring of the brain is completed at different ages for boys and girls- with girls, it's completed at the average age of 10.1, whereas with boys, it's only completed at the average age of 12. It's only from then on that people begin to mentally mature, and develop from being little kids into adults- and the writing of the brain's adult software, so to speak, typically takes until the average age of 31 for women, and 33 for men. As such, as a 22yr old guy, you've had 10 years' worth of software development- your mental maturity should be roughly on a par with that of the average 20yr old woman. And as an 18yr old girl, she's had 8yrs' worth of software development, placing her mental maturity roughly on a par with that of a 20yr old guy. There's no more of a gap between the two of you in mental maturity than there would be if you two were the exact same age as one another. So there's no problem whatsoever.

What Girls Said 3

• not at all... my daughter was 18 and her boyfriend was 20 but 22 wouldn't have bothered me either

• No I Don't Think So.

• Safe legal sane consensual

What Guys Said 3

• I was 23 when I met my wife. She was 17 at the time.

• it's fine

• anything over 5 is too far.