Why am I so ashamed of being black?

Why am i so ashamed of being black?
1) Slavery..
We couldn't even defend our selves from slavery..
We were distributed around the world like dogs to work for free and we were too dumb to stop them.

2) We are considered to be the dumbest ethnicity in the world with the lowest iQ. According to the media, we are lazy, thieves and we have no brains for jobs in construction or any high paid job.

3) are own woman are turning their backs on

us. Going were they think the grass in greener. Leaving us for white men and Latinos because they have better jobs and because everyone thinks they are cuter.

We often have to settle for less because we are thought to be LESS than other men and im tired of it. Im sick of being black and living in this skin. My best friend is Mexican and he has an EASY dating life with latinas and white females and we both work for chevron refinery but he gets a lot more work than i do because white men favor the Latino community while they stomp us black men beneath the mud

Most Helpful Girl

• True, aslo I get bullied for having kinky curly hair by my family. I was taught we have the wrost hair growing up but I haven't permed my hair in 8 years

What Girls Said 10

• Black men are gorgeous. Successful. Talented. Intelligent. Athletic. Multi lingual. Diverse. Powerful. Alluring. Confident. Kind. Altruistic.
    I am dating a Gambian man - he can cook, he can clean and he takes care of me all whilst being strong in his masculinity. Never met a man that works son hard. He never stops.
    You have paved the way for pop culture. Incredible writers, poets and artists.
    Diverse cultures across the globe and a rich history that is simply not taught in American schools.

Some of the most famous men in the world are black.

Your views are so distorted and strange.

1) Slaves were acquired after powerful African men captured members of enemy kingdoms and tribes to sell to Western ships. This has happened in all races just at different points in time. The true horror is the industrial nature of slavery.
    Watch Kinte Kunta the series. Absolutely amazing and tragic but truthful.

2) Black people lack opportunity and the necessary background to gain quality education. But times are changing.
    Apartheid, segregation and slavery is still affecting the modern world but many are overcoming the challenges.

3) Black women are dating white/latino men because love doesn't discriminate. Stop acting like you OWN members of your race. She has just as much freedom as you. Her ancestors were raped and forced to have children to produce more slaves. Now black women in America can choose who ever they like and black men should have NO SAY in it.
    Equally, black women need to stop shaming men that date white girls.

Not all men are made equal but American culture was built off the broken backs of West African people. If some people are angry at the world and end up incarcerated - THAT MAKES SENSE and has nothing to do with the potential of black men.

There is gorgeous people in every race but only a small amount of blacks are attractive compared to whites or Latinos.
      And that is what this loser is crying about, like many blacks who cry about everything on the media but they dont realize that they are the most racist..

Nope, I've watched plenty of dating shows and sexy black men have lots of popularity. I've seen black men pull women all the time in bars and clubs.
      I actually do this weird thing - EXPERIENCE LIFE - not read racist rubbish on the internet.

Lmao not really, maybe just a bit of them just like indians & Asians.. Usually i see black men dating overweight sloppy white girls, but they like to use the media and rap as propaganda lol
      I see black people complain all the time everywhere in social media just like this loser crying about girls not wanting them

• Why are black men so bitter now days?
    White men & Latinos are cuter than blacks but why do you care?
    Beyonce & Rihanna are hotter than i am & do i care?
    Do i go out and scream at people of why?
    GROW UP..
    My boyfriend is Mexican and and he is project manager at age 26 and he started out as a pipefitter. It has nothing to do with race just the hard work one puts in you moron

Girl, do not even try and come for black men. White and Latinos are cuter than black men, where? You as a white woman, or whatever you are.. have no right in telling a black man how he should feel about something and you have no right to disannounce his experiences. Black men are bitter, but everyone is always trying to police the way black men react to things or carry themselves. Check yourself.

@singlebee
      Thanks cutie

Cutie? Thanks.. 🙈😊

• 1). We couldn't defend ourselves because Obinyos had weapons that we didn't.

2). There are more black men in college than incarcerated.

3). I believe more than 95% of black women are married to/dating black men, especially here in Africa.

• 😭👶🏾 <- you

• That's dumb, I like black guys, but black guys usually date their race

• What the fuck?

• Step out of this toxic, painful, discouraging place that is your current mindset. Life is not as basic as you've tried to simplify it with this post and you truly are being way too hard on yourself.

Slavery.
    If anyone should be ashamed about slavery against black people, it should be those who did it for centuries, not black people themselves. The fact that African Americans were terrorized, brutalized, raped, and oppressed for so long yet managed to be some of the most gifted and talented musicians, athletes, and even simply still exist considering how many of their bloodlines were wiped out is a miracle. It's truly beautiful that you or any other black person is even alive right now because those crazy psychos literately did everything they good to keep your people down, strip you of your humanity, and they tried to kill as many of you as possible even after slavery. Hold your head high; so many black people throughout history would have killed to have the opportunities you have today.

Interracial dating
    Don't take it so personally when black women choose to date men of other races. It may not even be about race for them... maybe the guy they fell for and found magnetic chemistry with just so happened to be Hispanic or white.

• You are taking things waay to personal and you look like an idiot for it..
    Personally i date Latinos because they are the cute ones <3
    And it has nothing to do with being racist! !!

How can one whole race be cuter then another whole race?

• Don't take it so hard, be happy that u are given a life. And if overweight white females is all you can get be happy that u even got any. To be honest i would only date whites and Latinos because i would want my babies to be of that mix only. But that doesn't mean that i wouldn't have black friends..

• I'm black and I'm not ashamed of it. Maybe you and I just have two very different perspectives.

What Guys Said 11

• 1. Don't be so hard on yourself. Gauls, Brittons, Thracians, Slavs, Poles, North Africans, Persians, etc. we're also enslaved in large numbers. There isn't a ethnic group on the planet that wasn't enslaved at one point.

Also, don't forget that it was the Africans whom were doing to enslaving. Mansa Musa II, a Mali emperor, was the richest man in history (worth some equivalent of $900 billion) from his slave trading efforts. So, it wasn't like the Africans were just completely dominated by the Europeans; they worked together.

2. So? Have you been incarcerated? Don't be ashamed of your race just because others in your race do stupid shit. You're not responsible for their actions. I'll tell white people the same thing.

3. This is because, like you said, there are a lot of trashy Black men out there. Don't become one of them. If you work to be the best you can be, you'll be fine.

• 1) You weren't the one who was a slave, your ancestors were. And those demographics are because more black people are born into bad situations.
    2) You're not considered the dumbest.
    3) They aren't your women, they can do whatever they want. And plenty of black guys date white chicks too. Plenty of black chicks date black guys.
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...6-b29e-5282112b9299.jpg
    And in this image, what the fuck is "coloured" supposed to mean?

Hispanics

@Starrk
      Nope, they mean Hispanic/Latinos
      Because Latino-Hispanic is not a race so they just said coloured.
      As you can see in the graph they already included "mixed" so why would they include it again genius?
      I've seen similar charts where they describe Hispanics as coloured and sometimes they just say "Latinos"

@LadyBug69

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloureds

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ethnic_groups_in_South_Africa

Like I said. Coloured in South Africa does not mean Hispanic. I'll advise you to learn about South Africa's history with Race and Apartheid before you start talking about things that you have no clue about.

nog642
      Like I said South Africa's racial classification is very confusing. It doesn't follow the same format as ours in North America.

• I agree with most of this. The image with a white guy and a black girl. The black girl always seems to be very sexy girls. The best thing you can do is do everything opposite. Success is the best revenge

• You ain't even black 😂

• But how could you be ashamed?
    You aren't even black.

• All this self hate for what... none of these things have anything to do with you personally, your ashamed because you want to be.

• Nigga you wanna take this out back and settle this like real negros? We the best.

• I'm not ashamed of being black. I care less about girls prefer white men and Latina men. The best revenge is live well success focus on yourself cuz these more life than worry about getting attractive girls as lover.

• You're so stupid.

• it depends, you're a loser.

• lol white men favors Mexicans? Really? Shit last I checked my ancestors were raped violated just as African Americans, I get called a fucking beaner, wetback, I constantly need to prove myself. You need a good fucking history lesson. Besides the largest populations in prison are Latinos and African American. The fact being we have less benefits with the school system. Instead of getting motivated and getting help we have shittiest schools shittiest fucking grocery stores. We are on the same same boat... wait that doesn't fit anymore we are on the same ship. Don't let this bullshit bring you down stand up strong with your head held up high honor the hard work of your ancestors, better yourself. Be a proud black man! As I a proud Mexican American.