Why do people put on weight once they are in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they have the "now I don't have to try anymore because I already accomplished my goal" mentality. Which sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because like someone else has said, they feel they don't have to try as much now they have the person they want. I don't think everyone gains weight when they're in a relationship though, or at least not that noticeable if they do. I have a boyfriend and if he has gained any weight since we've been going out, I certainly haven't noticed.

I don't think I have gained much weight either, in fact both my mum and boyfriend sometimes worry that I am getting too skinny. I seem to keep going between being 8, 8.5 and 9 stone. I think that could be to do with anxiety though, plus the fact I keep getting tummy aches and feeling bloated for HOURS after I've eaten, even if I haven't ate that much. It can be very discomforting when my stomach hurts like that and I have to avoid eating, drinking or even moving too much for ages to help the pain go away.

Some days I tend to eat more than on other days, or maybe my stomach doesn't play up as much. Some days I can never seem to want to stop eating, then on others, I barely have much of an appetite.

As I recall, all I had to eat on Saturday was a kinder egg, a banana, a chicken wrap from Tesco, a small piece of venison and about 3 very small potatoes.

What Guys Said 1

• I heared a girl say this. "Since I am in a relationship, I can now eat whatever I want since I already have a boyfriend. If he wants to break up because of that, I just won't let him."

What Girls Said 2

• I've never understood this.

I've always been more conscious about taking care of my body when there is someone to see it naked on a daily basis.

I like being healthy and & I love the gym... but I also love pizza and tend to eat a little more of it when I'm single, because Who's going to care?

Maybe it's more because you tend to be cooking for two and going out more. There is simply more food to be had.
    Also maybe some people have the opinion than if they're not dating new people all the time, they don't have to worry,

I am under the same impression. I'm in the gym at I'm typing this haha

• They get comfortable
    It's easy to lose the awareness of being fit when married/in a relationship