How do I get him to actually date me?

There's this guy I met at college. We're in quite a few classes together and we've become fast friends. I recently told him I liked him, and he said he liked me too, but it was an awkward conversation. I felt like I was back in fourth grade. Recently he's been upping the flirting, but not very much. He's never had a girlfriend before, which I think is cute, but it also means he's pretty clueless on what to do. I want to ask him out, but I don't want to scare him away by moving too quickly. He said he wants to be friends first, which we are. We tell each other everything. I don't want him to only see me as a friend, so how do I gently nudge him in the right direction?

What Guys Said 1

• You can't anyone want a relationship. All you can do is make sure he knows how you feel. Ask him out of need be, but that aside, you can't do anything

What Girls Said 1

• Just ask him to do something after school or on the weekend, it'll be fine!