Are you more attracted to a guy with roommates or his own apartment?

Met a 24 year old university student. He already has a pretty good job. He has his own apartment and has a dog. It's nothing glamour on the outside but it's nice on the inside. My first thought is that he is probabaly lonely and I don't know why I automatically think this when I see a younger man with his own place. He doesn't give me those vibes at all but it's just my automatic thoughts. I personally would always want a roommate.

• More attracted to the guy with a roomate
  • More attracted to the guy with his own apartment
2mo I'm surprised at these answers. Guess I'm weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• My dear , you are wrong. A boy having his own apartment is considered to be more independent and successful person. Because he knows how to live alone by himself and he has proved his earning capacity by owning an apartment. Even when you want to spend an evening in privacy with such a person , there is always the comfort of a room where you can hide from the prying eyes of others. Such a person provides you with better facilities and opportunities.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not going to discount a guy who lives with room-mates. Obviously having your own place is probably more attractive for both genders. However, it's not a necessity.

I don't see you as being lonely. I just think it's great and you must have your life together if you can afford your own place. The best thing you can do is just keep trying. Someone will see the good qualities in you.

I think it should be house/flatmates. Room mates suggests your sharing a room which is rather different.

In the UK they would be called a flat mate. Room mate means someone your actually sharing a bedroom with.

Thanks!

What Guys Said 10

• That's gonna be me as soon as I get my raise within the next few months. Dog included. Living with roommates isn't fun if you dont hang out with them.

I prefer a space with no distractions or people hearing my noises. The fun stuff happens outside of the apartment.

• A man having his own place, is ALWAYS preferable in dating.

Women want to fuck with some discretion and privacy. Roommates are an obstacle to that (even if u each have your own bedroom).

• You mean hose mate room mates where your actually sharing a room and obviosly that's going to be a problem in a relationship.
    I prefer to have housemates as you say it's less lonely but i'd hate to have to share a room with anyone I wasn't in a relationship with or sleeping with.

• Why would it matter anyway?

• I wouldn't care if a girl lived alone, or with roommates, or with parents. Such things don't concern me.

• I wouldn't say that I'd find a girl with her own place more "attractive" because of it, but it would be good news nonetheless, because it would be much more convenient for a potential relationship.

• If it were a reverse role, I doubt i would date a girl that had a lot of room mates. I dont like being outnumbered

• I'm a male. So neither. But if it was a girl, hmmmmmmmm. I wouldn't care. Either one

• Where can the dog shit in an apartment?

• I'd imagine their own apartment.

What Girls Said 14

• I would say that because we could really be alone then.

You're 14, I doubt the guys you date are going to have their own apartments. ;)

• Obviously roommates are the ultimate mood killer when you wanna get sexy lmao

• A guy with roommates can be fun. I've had some nice times with a guy and his roomies.

• I don't see the problem with either. I like living alone though so I'd definitely appreciate his independence

• I actually really don't mind. I have no preference.

• ALONE <3

• You are lucky! Do you know how awful is to have sex with his roommates next to the room?

• How does this matter?

• Doesn't matter to me. Some people can't afford to live alone and need a roommate to help with bills.

• I hate guys with roommates.

• the second but I don't really care

• $5 says he is either gay or in a relationship and he is sharing that apartment with a girl who is away temporarily

• own appartement. Roomate are boring