I am 22. When I finally get my first girlfriend, will it be too late to say we met when we were young and just "kids"? 😍❤💘?

My parents met when they were in college at 19.

My friend met his current girlfriend when they were in college (19ish).

My coworker met his wife when they were in high school.

It is super sweet to be able to say you met the love of your life when you were just "kids"

I fear that scenerio will never happen with me.

• Yes
  • No
  • See poll

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. 22 is considered "young adult." But don't worry, marrying your childhood sweetheart is overrated. My recent long term relationship (2 years) was with a guy I'd known since high school, but he wasn't who I wanted to spend my life with. THAT'S the part that matters. The marathon, not the sprint.

What Girls Said 2

• it's cute but many young relationships don't last because many changes happen and i say it's better to meet someone when you're older and have experienced the world a little.

But a lot of people can look back in fondness about their young love experiences. A lot of peoplw always have a special place in their hearts for their young loves.

And to know a couple met when they were young and have made it strong through years is the sweetest.

But I feel I cam never create that same love story.

My parents met in college and they can look back and reflect and knew they grew up together.

it is a beautiful love story but you can't compare your life with theirs or anyone else's. i'm sure their love story wasn't a perfect one. waiting when you are older can feel just as fulfilling because you feel wiser and more stable.

• Kids? Yes, I'm not aware of any culture in the world that considers a 22 year old a "kid".

I guess 22 could be considered "young" though, but you'll have to act fast.

What Guys Said 1

• No, who cares what you say. I was with my ex for 10 years and rarely did anyone even ask how we met, let alone did I go around announcing how sweet it was that we met when we are kids. Don't put any pressure on it

But personally, knowing that if you met as kids or when you were young, that is so much sweeter.

That really doesn't matter. Its pretty god damn rare that anyone stays together that long anymore. So even if it was sweet, it would eventually be over and you will be finding someone new. What age you met doesn't make the relationship any different better or worse as long as its a good relationship its sweet enough.