Do I seem desperate?

I have never had a boyfriend (I am 20) and I kind of would like one. Does that make me desperate?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• No, wanting a boyfriend is not desperation. Desperation is defined by the means you do to fulfill that need of yours.

For example

1. Wanting a boyfriend is not desperation but if you say I want a boyfriend within 7 days then that is desperation.

2. Another point is the path you follow, means in order to find a boyfriend if you are willing to date 1 guy at a time for one or two months before coming to a conclusion then that is not desperation. However to find a boyfriend if you decide to date 10 guys at a time within a month, then that is clearly desperation.

Hope you understood.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

thanks! this actually helped. I just get so nervous because people are so quick to say someone is thirsty so I just started assuming that if someone wanted to have a relationship, people would think they are desperate. Thanks again

• 2mo

That's alright

• 2mo

Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 6

• No, not that being desperate would be that big a deal anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in the slightest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you know what desperate means

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it does.. insta desperate.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, you definitely not desperate

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I got my first boyfriend at 21. I wasn't desperate. Just discourage. But the time will come.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Thanks! That is really comforting, because sometimes I wonder if somethings wrong with me or if I am not trying hard enough, et cetera.

• 2mo

No. Everyone is different.