Is it racism if a half European and half Indian girl only dates white men?

I came out in between, not dark olive like an Indian and not straight, black hair either.
Though not that white, dark eyes and curly dark brown hair with auburn tints. If I spend too much time in the beach on a very sunny day, my skin darkens and my indian features are more obvious.

Still, I don't find Indian guys nor those with my similar features attractive. I'm only into white guys. I rejected an Indian guy just recently, told him he just wasn't my type, that I'm only into white men and he called me a racist, hypocrite. I'm I?

• No it's not.. disagree with him
  • Yes, it is.. agree with him
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• It's your very own preference and that is not racist. I would assume a key part of it is that you most likely grew up in Europe and thus white is seen more as a standard to you.

Additionally I don't think indian guys are particulary attractive. I am not attracted to guys, but from trying to estimate I would say they are on the lower half worldwide.

To add to this: It could also be cultural differences in indians that you might not find too attractive (or possibly repulsive)

why do you rule the majority of the indian guys as unattractive

@archiz

It's just as it is and so far the girls I talked about the topic of attractiveness of ethnicities all agreed. Indian men aren't on average as attractive as let's say white or mediterranean men. Or whatever standard you have. Sucks for them, nature and genetics are a bitch.

Exceptions prove the rule.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not racist but you don't need to tell everyone about your preference unless they ask. You can tell him that he isn't your type but I don't think it is necessary to get into detail. I am Indian and I've preference for guys outside my race but I don't tell the guys I rejected what are my "preferences"

What Guys Said 19

• if you are simply not physically attracted to a certain group of people it certainly doesn't make you racist

if you believe a group is inferior or superior or don't like them based on a perceived stereotype of them than that may be considered racism

• The preferences debate has been tackled already by writters in the field. They're conclusion is its definantly discrimination but becauss so many people do it you can essentially get away with it. Alsl they're is no law on who people can date or not

BUT nevertheless doesn't mean it's not descrimanitory at it's core

• It's what you're attracted to

• nope, having a preference when it comes to looks isn't racist.

if you'd prejudice them because of their skin race, that would be racist.

• No you can't help what your attracted to. Saying that I am a white man or as a previose question pointed out orangy very light brown no one is actually white just lighter.

• He was just upset at being rejected. Physical preference isn't racism.

• No, your racial preference is to date White males so i don't see it being a issue.
    I don't see it being racist either.

• no, preferences are not racist.

• How can you be racist for this reason. You want white man. You will get them You have a right to do what you want. I am an Indian and I don't think you are racist.

• Would you turn down an Indian guy who looked liked Hrithik Roshan? He is Indian but looks white! Or someone like Salman khan, sidarth malhotra or more European looking Indians?

I don't think it's racist by the way

I don't really find them attractive.

Yeah you guess right, He's as white as snow, the only member with gray-greenish eyes and natural auburn hair (I only got tints of his hair color; they're like small shinning highlights under the sunlight).

Thats explains everything!
      Yeah dont worry about it, its natural to try and find a man that has similar traits as your father.

• It's not racism
    It just shows insecurity on your side

• No, it's only racism if you date a type of guy with no attraction for him.

• Sounds like he can't handle rejection

• yes you are a racist

• Who cares? Not sure it's a troll or just stupid.

• Yes, it is.. agree with him

• No, not racism.
    Look at our double standard: "I only date Asian/Latino/Black/Brown/Native">>>okay, "I only date White">>>racism.

• That's not racist, everyone acts like anything you say is racist now. For example I don't like full black chicks. And it's not because I'm racist I just don't find them attractive. pussies nowadays

• not a good idea to bring up race on here, it's one of the biggest trollable topics in the world, next to abortion of course. you'll just piss people off, not cool

What Girls Said 7

• Its not racism
    Its personal preference like tall, short, skinny or big muscles.
    We should be able to date the people with the characteristics we like without being judged.
    he's just grumpy that you rejected him

• It's just what your preferences are and what you're attracted to

• If u have a chance to sleep with the white guys... Its ok

• Nah, it's not racist.

• Racist is the wrong term. The correct term would be self-hate. You are most likely another one of those mixed people who hates your ethnic side, secretly wishes you were all white or looked all white, and tries to avoid looking like you're half something else. There could be a bit of racism in there depending on how you think towards Indian guys which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

• I'm a white bisexual girl and I lost my same-sex virginity to a indian-european girl who looks exactly as you described. she told me she only likes white girls.

• I'd love to know how you can be half European? Europe is made up of all different countries with all different looks. You're American I take it. ?