Taking dating advice from women in my family... Bad idea or not?

I am 26, live alone, go to school (business major), and work. I have been working since I was 13 and take pride in it. I have also never had a serious girlfriend, I have approached some women but it hasn't worked (either they have a boyfriend or are married) so I stopped trying and continued to focus on school and work. The women in my family think I am a great man and could bring something excellent to a woman's life but honestly I just don't see what they see. My cousin who is 21 recently got married and is having a baby. She told me "working and going to school is good but that can't be all my life is about. Do you really end up alone and forever?" I told her "I came to the conclusion women just aren't into me so I am doing life on my own. Can't force a woman to like you and I won't try to make them interested." She got stern with me and said "that's an excuse to not try anymore. Use online dating there's a woman out there for me even if I don't feel like there is one who could like me." She just wants me to try because she doesn't want me alone in my apartment forever. Would you take this dating advice from women in your family if you have struggled with dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, your family is right. If you don't want to end up alone, you have to try. What do you think everyone else out there has been doing? No one is going to find you in your apartment sitting by yourself. You have to take the initiative and at least make yourself open and available to finding new women and/or having them find you. I mean if anything, is sitting at home alone with no one making you happy and fulfilled and you can see yourself on down the road doing the exact same or do you want more than just that with someone else?

Don't get me wrong I have tried to meet women and I hear the same thing. She says I have a boyfriend or I'm married. It got old for a while and I stopped for the time being. It sucks to try and not get anywhere.

Very true, and I'm not saying it doesn't suck to have had your experiences, but you've got to put in your mindset, that you keep on trying, because you have to believe 'the one' is out there for you.

Yet when I leave the house I'm going to try again despite having no results. Lol I guess attraction keeps me going.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating advice from anybody whether it is a men or a woman can be taken and put to use if you think it is workable. At present you are like an untrained person. You have to hone your dating skills. Make yourself more attractive to the opposite sex. Improve your communication skills on dating topics. Have an emotional maturity. Be creative to create opportunities. and improve your dating skills.. When you enter the dating zone , know that you are competing against thousands of other men putting out their best efforts. So you should be prepared to put out maximum efforts in your dating journey to success. Keep on trying till you succeed Never give up. When you are successful you will feel as if you have conquered the world.

What Girls Said 5

• I would take the advice because it is good advice. It sounds like you do want a woman in your life, but aren't sure about how to find one. I'll tell you that dating is hard, and you have to be willing to put in work to get the results you want. But the good thing is that it's not impossible.

I'm a 27 year old woman, and honestly I could have wrote what you said above. Most of my friends are married and so are my cousins. My 22 year old cousin has been married for 4 years and has a baby. I would love to be married and have kids, but that hasn't happened for me yet. I get sad thinking it will never happen for me.

But I keep trying. There has to be someone out there for both of us. It just takes time.

I would also try online dating, but also put yourself out there more. Sure, most women you meet might be married. I've had that same problem too. Every cute guy I see, well he's got a wife that shows up shortly after I see him or a girlfriend. And then I feel stupid for even trying for him. But there's bound to be at least 1 guy out of all the guys I approach who is single. There just has to be. Because they can't all be taken.

So you have to just keep approaching women.

I'm as helpless as can be around guys. Partly due to bullying. But most people are nice about things. Even if the woman is married or has a boyfriend, she will not be mean to you for at least trying.

• Make your decisions based on what you want. doesn't really sound like you've made much of an effort. Maybe you really dont want to apply yourself in that area. Dont seek a relationship if you are not intrinsically motivated to apply yourself. You just end up hurting the other person.

I have only approached like about 10 women this year alone. I guess I haven't tried much lol.

• Depends, if the women at your house are... Ya know... Bitches or a weird feminist, then no, but if you notice their advice it cool, then you should follow it, I give advice to my brother, yet he still married this dumb ass bitch, it's so annoying, and also, the women at your house may not have experience

My aunt has been married 4 times, two of her exes died (one died of AIDS), My sister isn't married but has a daughter, and my cousin is married and has a kid on the way. I want to approach women just don't know how to start.

• Id seek advice somewhere else. They r family. They just want u ball and chained. Ur 26... have plenty of time.

• They have given you great advice. Just like you don't make excuse on the job why make excuse for dating? Maybe you haven't meet the girl who will appriaciate you but that doesn't mean she isn't out there. Have faith, have fun and good luck.

What Guys Said 14

• Women's minds are ruined by feminism so you can only land a hot one now ie the kind that you really want by transforming yourself into an arrogant narcissistic cad sort of like the youtube personality Onision but you don't have to quite be as effeminate as him.

Anyway there's three options for you to take for your path in life regarding women so I'll provide you with your choices now.

1. Investigate, research and study evolutionary psychology and the PUA/Pimp game and begin your education by reading over the Chateau Heartiste blog, looking up Player Supreme on youtube or his zenmack site and also read RooshV's site along with listening to the Tom Leykis show which you can find online and old episodes of also on youtube.

2. You can forget all of the above and just cut out all the BS and hire legal escorts or outright prostitutes/working girls by heading to Las Vegas and Dennis Hof's Bunny Ranch or any of the other legal brothels along those lines and having fun with women how it should be minus all the heartbreak of relationship drama and jumping through hoops BS that modern idiot feminist females will put you through.

3. Come and join us over on wizchan and learn to disregard females and require magic.

So there you have it!

Choose wisely my friend.

• In general you should not take dating advice from female relatives. I mean that's where poor souls get the idea that women love nice guys or that men love the chase.

Case in point: your cousin (who's only 21 and probably hasn't dated much) telling you to go try online dating (at your age and with your lack of success in the real world online dating will probably leave you suicidal, and still single).

I swear if I weren't so attracted to women I'd turn my back on the whole thing. Meeting women in real life isn't working, I have never used online dating. Maybe the single life isn't so bad.

• Online dating is not going to help you if you dont know how to interact with women. Go read some books on masculinity and femininity, and learn to be more social.

• dude you're a 26 years old guy, independt and have money even if not much, hit the clubs, have sex and enjoy your life, wear nice clothes, grow a neat beard and get a sexy haircut, take care of yourself and dont be overweight.

... how...(please enlighten me) is he supposed to have sex? Please give us the magic formula. Then when you done, I reckon you visit a publisher and sell your advice as you may be thee man to obliterate the prostitution industry

• the only advice is to not stop trying.

Other than that NEVER TAKE ADVICE from female friends or family. In fact very few women in general can give good dating advice. Women don't understand the game from a mans perspective as it's different rules that apply. Check out Kezia Noble online. She is a chick that gives great dating advice. It's pick up artist stuff but coming from a chick.

• Taking advice is healthy, but you don't have to follow it if you don't like it. If you do want to get a significant other, go have some fun. Go to a bachelor's party or a nightclub. Personally, I would take advice from my family but that's just me. Like your cousin said, you could do online dating. However, if you truly feel as if (no offense meant) you are not interested in women or they are not interested in you, you could live the single life. It's good and healthy to experiment.

• Once you fall in love with someone you'll understand how awesome it is. There's no logic behind it but it's one of those things where when you get a taste of it you'll always want more.

• once you get that first piece of pussy
    trust me you will be hooked

just like when a women gets her first piece of dick
    she gets hooked

trust me go for it

• you dont have to take advice just listen and weigh it up logically before proceeding

• Good idea.

• Unless the women in your family have had a successful relationship with a woman, I would say it's a terrible idea. Especially since women have no idea what they want

• You need advice and help from anyone who is prepared to give it.

• Any time I've taken woman's advice on how to deal with women in tricky situations, it's generally failed

• Pro-Tip never take advice from women on how to get women. Alway take advice only from men who are slayers.

Their advice is usually to keep trying despite them being taken. But I have too much of a conscience and don't want to get my ass kicked 😂