What the heck? Ladybird?

This guy I have been dating, he isn't one who uses pet names or terms of endearment much. I think I all the time I have known him I have heard him use the word dear once. Recently he started called me lady bird. I'm curious why he would all of sudden start calling me a nick name. But more so, why ladybird? I want to ask him, but I don't want him to think I dislike it and stop.

What Guys Said 2

• Bird is British slang for a girl, but you said he was American...
    I don't know to be honest. It is a very unusual nickname. I don't know if you like it or not, but maybe tell him you think it's an interesting name and ask him where he got it from.

I like it. He isn't the mushy type. So for him to call me a nick name at all..

Hm, maybe it has some special significance to him. So maybe say you like it and ask why he calls you that specifically

• Is he British?

Bird is slang for young girl.

No he is American

Maybe he watches too much British TV :P but I don't see anything wrong with asking him while you're cuddling

Lol! Could be. I have never seen him watch British TV. Who knows what he does in his alone time! Maybe next time I'm with him I'll be brave enough ask.

What Girls Said 1

• Isn't that the dogs name from king of the hill?😂😭

It totally is!! I asked him about that tonight.! Cause i though of it after I posted this. And he got a good laugh and said no, he has never seen King of the hill and then asked why I would even think that lol