How do I meet someone my age if I'm too shy?

I'm shy when it comes to men and dating. I let people approach me but they're usually way older than me, in their 30+. I'm 22, I don't want to date someone that much older than me. But I'm way too shy to approach guys my own age. The guys who are my age and have approached me turned out to be bad choices.

Most Helpful Guy

• sorry, you have to approach the one you want. its the only way. if you wait for guys to approach you will more than likely end up with a player. your a girl, why are you afraid? your not going to risk rejection, thats a guys curse, and its why nice guys wait for the girl to choose him.

I've been rejected plenty of times

I asked a guy I thought was interested out. We knew each other so I wasn't that scared to ask.

wow, im soo sorry. just keep trying and make sure they like you. but how did they show interest?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am just like you, and I used facebook to find old classmate friends. That's how I ended up with my husband. I wish you the best of luck

What Guys Said 6

• Shy people have a problem with that, I can understand. The only possible and clear solution is to find the courage to approach guys of your age, or you can wait but if you wait then you will be leaving things to chance and luck.

• Gotta break out of your bubble

• Why are they bad choices

Lying, having other girls, etc

• Do you go to college? Also you could meet someone on this site I guess?

I'm not into online dating. It can be very, very misleading. And many of the men on here don't seem very appealing or understanding.

I am in college though

• shyness, is DIRECTLY related to confidence. if you have low self esteem, you gotta keep 'em separated, lol no, umm, start doing something you're good at, especially if it involves boys. boys are attracted to confidence and happiness. so are women

• hey I'm 22 :) Can I drop you a message? :)

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not sure