Someone please help me, no one ever answers and I really need to figure out if he likes me before I get hurt. Will you please help me?

Okay, so my guy friend and I have been friends for years. I've always felt like there was something between us, but I never did anything, until recently. I'm in high school by the way... So the other week I asked him to go see a movie with me. He said yes, he even paid for the movie tickets and food, even though I invited him (he is very shy so I have to initiate conversation when we text.) His mom and my mom our good friends and his mom told mine that he had specifically asked her for extra money ahead of time so he could pay for me. Then I asked if he wanted to do something with me again and he said, yeah definitely. He suggested mini golf Saturday night! Mini golf at night is totally a date right? Well unfortunately he had a soccer game and couldn't do mini golf with me (he's the captain of his soccer team so he couldn't miss it.) But he assured me he wanted to do something another time. So then his mother told my mom that he was, "upset because he couldn't do mini golf." She also told my mom that he is shy and doesn't text first, all of which my mom then told me. Anyway, last night I was texting him for three and a half hours! He was really engaging and used the laughing emoji almost every text, which is interesting for someone who's shy... He also slipped into conversation that he doesn't have anymore weekend games, after I stated, "Wow, you must be pretty busy with soccer." He could of just said, yeah, or not really, but he didn't, unfortunately he also didn't suggest another time to get together. He just means so much to me and I want to be sure that he likes me before I potentially try to progress our relationship. I would love your help, thanks for reading. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he asked for more money and stated he was upset he couldn't go I think it is a safe bet he likes you. He shyness can be crippling though, to the point his behavior is totally confusing to you because he shows little to no interest. Shy guys hide in a shell. They literally freeze with fear when it comes to talking about their feelings and expressing interest. That fear and extreme awkwardness is terrible to go through. Therefore it is just easier to avoid it all together. This is why he is so hard to initiate anything and why he won't set a new date for the one he missed out on. He can eventually break out of the shell, but it takes time, a lot of confidence and a lot of patience. This is where you will need to step up here and make the moves for a little while. Once he gets use to you, use to being with you, use to talking to you, his comfort zone and confidence will expand. Eventually he will be totally fine. Don't be afraid to show interest and make the moves. Another thing with shy guys is that they typically feel inferior to girls, like he has no business asking you out, or like he isn't good enough. So it is imperative right now to let him know you do like him, he is good enough and you want to spend time with him.

Thanks! Words cannot express how grateful I am for your response. I think it's hard because we're both shy, but your answer makes a lot of sense. I think that he might shut people out even more because his last girlfriend broke up with him because he wasn't moving as fast as she wanted and said he was too "awkward" when referring to his shyness. (unfortunately his mom told me this and not him, and no I don't gossip about him with him mom. Our families are just really close and I've known her forever so she tells me these things.) Anyway, your answer truly does make me believe he likes me. I appreciate you enlightening me on "shy guys" and for making me feel more comfortable with our friendship/relationship. :)

Trust me, his mom knows him better than anyone. If she said he was upset, it doesn't matter how he specifically expressed it, he wants to be with you! Don't start seconding guessing, LOL!

Thank you so so much for all your help/ input!!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes I think he likes you and you definitely like him 😊 You guys are both shy (like me, so I can totally relate 😊) so I would say whenever you guys do things together, try to get closer to him gradually. Maybe lightly brush his hand and see if (hopefully) both of you get the love butterflies ❤️ Hope you get him 😊

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you answering!

No you're fine don't worry

Okay. Well good luck 😊❤️

• He likes you and it's taken him a lot of courage to do what he's done so far. It's time you did something back for him too.

I do a lot, I invited him to do two things with me, and I always need to start the conversations:/

I'm fairly confident yes. However yes or no, you'll never find out unless you ask him.

thanks:)

• why dont you just ask him?

Because I'm really shy and he's the sweetest guy I don't know if he was just being nice or truly has feeling for me. We are friends so it's hard to tell. Thank you so much for your input!

Thank you:)

your welcome

• Certainly sounds interested to me. I would proceed with caution. Keep chatting regularly and once you go out somewhere escalate physical contact (find an excuse to touch his hand or something). This should ignite the feelings if any.

Thanks! I don't want to bother him too much so I usually text him once a week, should I more or is that good or too much?

@brycakes Thank you, I will definitely do that:)

You're welcome :)

What Girls Said 2

• I would say that he likes you. Don't be afraid of progression, he will progress along side you. That's how relationships work. :)

Thank you so much, I just get really nervous that I'm gonna ruin a good thing. Thanks for answering!

@ParamountArmada oh, alright, thank you for answering. So you DO think he likes me?

your a girl, guys love girls and he sure shows it. why can't you see it?

• Eh go for it. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out and you'll both get over it. You're still young and will have plenty of opportunities. Stay positive and make a move.