Is it bad that we split the meal?

So I took out this girl on my boat because she wanted to go fishing and as far as I know it was just supposed to be a friendly hang out. She was supposed to have her other friend come along too but she bailed. Anyways she didn't have a fishing license and I offered to pay for it and she was like that's ok I got it, well we had lunch later on and I figured since she didn't want me paying for the fishing license that I didn't bother offering to pay for our meal. Not sure if that was bad or not but we just kind of split the bill. What do you think? I bought drinks and snacks for when we went fishing and of course took her fishing.

2mo I meant split the bill. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not bad that you split, but I think she was at least expecting you to offer. Although most women now are totally cool with splitting I think a lot of times it still comes with the expectation that a guy at least OFFERS. I don't think it's a big deal, but I read some of your updates and it sounds like she hasn't gone out with you since, so that might have been a thing. I think paying for lunch is different than the licence, lunch is more of the actual date part of it whereas the fishing was just the fun thing you guys can enjoy together kinda deal. Hard to explain, just how I'm seeing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't anything wrong man, doesn't sound like she's interested honestly.

As guys, we should all start splitting the tab on the first date. It'll help filter out some women. How me expecting you to pay for your own meal, this one time, is considered a deal breaker is beyond on me. It says less about the guy and more of the person insisting they're owed a free meal.

What Girls Said 17

• It seems like everything worked out as it should. I mean, if you invited someone else to go along, that's pretty much an indication that it wasn't a date. Also she offered to pay for the fishing thing, so it wasn't like she expected you to pay so maybe she was well aware it was just a friends thing.

• You are under no obligation to pay for anything, just as she shouldn't feel entitled to your money. She sounded independent anyway, especially if you were generous enough to offer financial help for whatever it was she didn't have, but stopped you and handled it herself. It's good that she wasn't taking advantage of you.

• I usually wouldn't care especially since this isn't even a date but a friendly hangout and that's how it's supposed to be on a friendly hangout. But if you got a boat dude then it's kinda cheap not gonna lie.

• I don't think it was bad. You were being fair. It's not up to you to pay for her fishing license and certainly not up to you to pay for dinner. This was just a friendly hang out, with a friend.

Only pay for something if you truly want to. Never feel obligated to pay just because someone is a woman or something.

• its ok.. no worries , its just the thinking that guys should pay everything... but in our days is totally OK

• I think you did nothing wrong. You offered and that's what counts (very gentleman move). At the end of the day she was comfortable paying for herself so it's all good.

• I personally think splitting is the worst way to go. To me it implies a lack of interest. It sounds like you two aren't really a match. Sorry.

• I don't see a problem with it.

• If its friendly... no id split to... if its more then friendly then hell yuh you shoulda paid

• if it's just a friendly hang out, i don't see any problem with that. but if this is one of your effort to flirt with her, i don;t think this is a good thing.

• Ehhh.. it honestly depends on the girl! I personally don't mind. BUT then again I'm all about being equal.. even if it were a date I would of paid for my own fishing license.

• What happened when the bill was brought to you? Did she offer to pay?

She got out her wallet and started counting her money and I was like so you want to just split the bill?

Did you ask again? Try to be more assertive with her.

Say "hey can I take you to (whatever restaurant you want) Friday night?"

I've asked several times, she's always busy it seems. My brothers girlfriend said she had a great time and wanted to go again so I don't know.

• Naaah

• Basic bitch.

• i think its perfect.

• Sounds fine to me...

• I would be ok with that. Nothing wrong in my opinion.

What Guys Said 5

• A man is expected to pay all the bills on a date with a girl. It is a tradition followed since long ago. Women who follow this tradition , expect you to pay all their bills on a date. This tradition is based on the concept that the man is a provider for the family. He is the earning member and has to provide money for all that his household needs. To prove this point men work hard and earn for their living. The money money he earns , the better the family is provided for.

• Everything seemed to went perfect. You're lucky: You got a girl, who supports equality it seems.
    You can cover the next bill fully if you want to. I'd do that.

• Whateves throw her in the water too... kidding no don't do that

Bah, next time don't offer just do it. Show her who's boss

• No it's not bad. Women can't get pampered just for having a vagina. That makes no sense to me

• Fishing?

She wanted to go. She was excited about it. lol

She waited like a month for me to take her so I assumed she must really want to go.