Guy said he had to go back to work as soon as we met up for date, is this a red flag?

So i've been talking with a guy for 2 months and we've been on 4 dates. On our 3rd date as soon as he saw me he said he has to go back to work and he can't be on the date too long. Do you think it was an excuse and why couldn't he just tell me this before the date not the minute he saw me?

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he does have work afterwards, but you've been on 4 dates with him and he hasn't done this has he? He may also be juggling dates at the time, so that would be a red flag

• He has another girl on the side.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow what a waste of time. It's a red flag that he has no consideration of your time. He could've just postponed it or set something up for later before you got yourself all ready to go. He must feel like he's doing you a favor by showing up. He doesn't have the best judgement.