How to get your mind off a guy?

I'm not one who likes to come off as clingy so in my case I won't message a guy if he doesn't message me first and I tend to keep the conversation very short through text. If I go and hang with him I will leave after 20ish minutes so I don't take up his time. I've cut back on seeing him a lot and I won't go to see him after a certain time of the day. I know guys don't like clingy so I sort of tend to suffer in silence (btw he never asked for space, I didn't want it to get to that point anyways) and I'll think about him a lot but I use a lot of self control. What can I do to take my mind off him so I don't feel so tense?

Most Helpful Guy

• When someone does this stuff to me I tend to start wondering if they actually like me or not. If a girl never texts me first, I'll try to go as long as I can without texting her to see if she will actually try to say something to me. I think you are going way overboard on not being clingy. You are on a different planet.

If I was meeting up with someone I'd pissed if they left after 20 minutes. You got to realize this guy is taking time out to come spend with you, you are actually wasting someone's time if you're going to only hang out and bounce after 20 minutes.

I really do care about the guy a lot, but I just feel like he will get sick of me if he sees me often even if he does like me back.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been struggling with something similar too. I don't want to be clingy, but I recently read an article on Cosmo or something that said it's also not good to be too distant because they'll assume we've lost interest in them. I guess it has to be somewhere in between, which isn't easy. In order to keep your mind of him, try to remember to have balance in your life. Focus on school, hobbies, friends, and just sometimes him - at least while you're still trying to pursue him. I've been doing that recently, and I've found it makes life less stressful. lol

What Guys Said 11

• You often get out of relationships what you choose to put in, given that there is mutual interest.

If you think that going half-assed is going to somehow result in an amazing connection, then you probably believe that McDonalds doesn't really make you fat. Actually...

• i think you should let him know what you thinks about him. may be he likes your company and thinks same as you think (means may be he thinks you dont like clingy people)... you are giving enough space to him, the space should not be that much big that other fit on this.

• First if you like him and you know/think he likes you your not showing any signs that you like him your making it seem like you don't like him and Im the type who doesn't like super clingy girls but what you are saying is way to insane and your over thinking it when A guy says your to clingy it means your on top of him 24/7 I know my ex was that way she never would get off me literally it was like she was glued to me and that's annoying! Just don't be all over him give him some space but not as much as you are doing now!

• You sound like you are torturing yourself and him. If he has never acted like you were too clingy you probably weren't like guys don't want to be around someone that seems to not want to be around them. Clingy just means that you make a guy feel like he can never get time to himself or be with his friends.

• if you think thats gonna lead to a successful relationship then you are def wrong, you have to make efforts and text him

• Drink and have sex

• Masturbate a lot.

• Do something meditative, stop stressing, and don't eat and eat. I mean, you can eat, just don't gorge, that's how you get fat

• Find a guy who wants the level of contact, affection and connection that you do.

Maybe it's this guy. If it's not, move on from him.

I'd prefer my partner to message me first, lots, I prefer her to want to chat a lot, I prefer for her to want to see me more, and I rarely want 'space', if ever.

• To free yo mind young grasss hoppa, to get your mind off a guy, you must put your body on antha brutha.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Gosh girl! Same here... haha! I do excavator what you are explains right now! My best thing is putting my phone away and catching up on a show. . Or going to the gym or for a run.. nothing better thank looking better 😏😘 learn to be independent even in your thoughts. Challenge yourself to not look at your phone for a good whole hour! Focus on yourself.. do your nails.. pamper yourself. 💁🏽💕 Good luck!

• Do stuff that requires you to focuss on that

• Put your mind on something else more exciting and fulfilling.