"Once a cheat, always a cheat" do you agree?

Other things to consider -
- If you have ever cheated, did you ever do it again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not necessarily true. Most people who cheat usually do so for a reason... they aren't getting satisfied by partner in one way or the other. and their partner is unwilling to compromise. The rest are just greedy.
    I don't believe in once a cheat always a cheat... kinda like saying once cheated on, always be cheated on...
    If you don't want to be cheated on, learn from the previous time, learn your partner and last but definitely not least.. learn to compromise.
    People that are usually focused on their own happiness more than their partners are more likely to be cheated on than those who put their partners first... sacrifice to make their partner happy.
    I've cheated before... and i know why and I don't regret any of them except one. because its not like i didn't bring my issue to their attention before the act. They refused to work with me... so i worked without them. there's only so much cheating you can do before it gets old... I've found that the real challenge is to stay committed even if it involves making threats :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people cheat , and are full of remorse afterwards, but once a person cheats then cheating will always be their potential. When faced with temptation they will cheat again

People cheat because they have no willpower and have no self-control over their emotions and desires. So it's a weakness in their character. I'd never forgive infidelity. I value loyalty so I'll never accept less than I'm willing to give

What Guys Said 22

• I don't think a person who cheats once is incapable of being loyal ever again or guaranteed to cheat on all of their future partners. However, I do think the first time you cross a new boundary is generally hardest, and that once you cross that line for the first time, it becomes increasingly easier to cross with each additional time you cross it. So, while its not guaranteed that they will cheat on you, I do believe someone who has cheated before would have an easier time cheating on you compared to someone who has never cheated before.

• I use to think the same thing, but I think cheater's can definitely change. It isn't easy, but it's very much possible. I've got a couple of family member's who cheated on their previous spouses (one was married), and they have never repeated such things after. Though one admitted to me that they had the tendency/desire sneak up on them to want to when thing's are bad in their relationship, but they make sure to go to a counselor when those time's come, and make sure to keep themselves in check until those moment's pass.

• no. people make mistakes and can learn from them. people can change.
    You and everyone else have done mistakes in the past where you think now "wtf how could I do that", and you wouldn't do it again.

The same with cheating. Of course, the trust in that person is gone and you can't complain if someone doesn't wanna date you because of it, but if I'm really in love with someone then I might give her a chance even if there is a risk that I might get hurt.
    It always also depends on the reason they cheated. I mean, it's never okay but if someone gets abused in a relationship and doesn't have the power to break up, I can at least understand it.

I personally have never cheated and never will. I don't need another woman if I'm happy in my relationship and if I'm not, then I break up before doing anything with someone else

• I will not claim with 100% certainty that once a cheater-always a cheater BUT for the sake of safety, I will just simply assume that it is indeed so and thus stay clear from any cheaters. Safer to assume that they are capable of doing it again, than thinking that they can't and then being stabbed in the back ever harder.

• I don't agree with the saying, many people do learn from their mistakes and change.
    However, that doesn't mean I'm willing to risk being with a past cheater. I feel like that's asking for trouble.

• I think you need to look at why they cheated and how long ago. I probably wouldn't get with one whose last relationship they cheated on their boyfriend. But let's say they were younger and they've learn their lesson I think I'd give them a chance.

• I'd say that in enough cases it's that way. I believe that cheaters do think in the way that another poster described "wtf how could I do that", but next time when they get chance they grab it too. It's a personality trait, the same for abusers and women that return to abusers, they just think it's one least time, while it isn't. That's why I wouldn't date a cheater.

• Nope, that person could change his or her ways

• No people can change. God changed me.

• I cheated on an ex once, never again... i'm not cheating again so no i don't agree

• No I haven't and yes you can change. Just be on guard about the other.

• It really depends the circumstances I would like to think and depends the person.

• women yes
    men no

• I cheated on one girlfriend bc she was a horrible bch but not since or before.

• no when i was a teen i use to cheat all the time
    now im older don't got time for that crap

• I disagree

• Nope, I dont think so.

• I agree with it..
    I never cheated,
    But those who i know cheat, and does so often

• I do, it means it is in your blood. You can do again.

• I think it's possible they can change, but I'd still be skeptical. I mean its not like a person goes oh I cheated, now I have to cheat with future lovers. Not to excuse the behavior of course but people do make mistakes and screw up then regret it, but yeah I'd be cautious.

It's like finding out someone has a promiscuous past. They could have gone through a phase and yes they could change but if they put it out there or you find out, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to think they still are that way.

• I would rather say "once a cheater, always a cheater".

• I think women have a greater propensity to cheat.

What Girls Said 8

• I think so... but it is possible that they have changed if they really have become a Christian and turned to God. I would not know, I have never cheated on anyone.

• Yes, to you. If he cheated on YOU once he will cheat on you again. 100% sure. But it doesn't mean he will cheat on every girl for the rest of his life.

• Depends on why you cheated. Usually a cheating attitude persists and therefore so does cheating behavior. There has to be strong decision making and growth/change for someone to change cheating behavior.

• I say some learn and some don't.
    I know a guy who cheated on his girlfriend to get with a girl I went to school with. He then was caught cheating on the girl I went to school with only recently. So I'd say he'll always be a cheat.

• They could change. Usually don't

• Disagree, but wouldn't trust a cheater though

• Absolutely, yes

• yes & yes
    horrible person i know. but the saying is not wrong.